Homebrew Swapnote extdata decryption?

NovaRemnant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get at extracting my old SwapNote data as when I first hacked my 3DS, I lost all my notes. A lot of them are important to me and I'd like to look at them again.

Looking around on 3dbrew said that each note has .MPO data associated which I would assume is the final notes themselves. I'd like to access them, but I'm having trouble finding any application to do that with.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Reactions: assassinz

NovaRemnant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mm, shit, I just remembered. It wasn't when I hacked the thing, but rather when I did a system transfer from my old 3DSXL to my new New3DSXL. I didn't have a microSD card big enough when I did it so I had to copy everything to my desktop until a new microSD came in. When I copied all my data over to the new one, none of my notes were there and I had to start collecting anew.

I'll give this a try, but I might be screwed as I don't have the old 3DSXL to get decryption keys from...

Reactions: assassinz

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mm, shit, I just remembered. It wasn't when I hacked the thing, but rather when I did a system transfer from my old 3DSXL to my new New3DSXL. I didn't have a microSD card big enough when I did it so I had to copy everything to my desktop until a new microSD came in. When I copied all my data over to the new one, none of my notes were there and I had to start collecting anew.

I'll give this a try, but I might be screwed as I don't have the old 3DSXL to get decryption keys from...
If you copied all your data to your desktop, just put it on an SD card then put it in the 3DS you transferred to. The main thing you want is the Nintendo 3DS folder from your old system.

NovaRemnant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you copied all your data to your desktop, just put it on an SD card then put it in the 3DS you transferred to. The main thing you want is the Nintendo 3DS folder from your old system.
That's what I did. IIRC, it gave me the chance to just copy some things and told me to copy the rest later, which I did. Most games worked fine, but Swapnote just deleted all my notes. Or at least wouldn't load them...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.