Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yay! I also, I found a new program called "JungleFlasher". Will using that be easier?

EDIT: Few more things before I get started (I got my Sata card!):

1. Do I have to put my Hitachi drive in ModeB? I mean, I'm just dumping the firmware, not flashing it.
2. I can't find the drives for Windows 98 and Vista (I need both) on the VIA website. I have this Sata card. (I have a drive CD from DX but I don't want to use it; a lot of the time they come with viruses.)
3. Does the Xbox 360 need to power the drives while I do everything?
4. Can I use the DosFlash that I found in ixtreme 1.5?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
playallday said:
Yay! I also, I found a new program called "JungleFlasher". Will using that be easier?

EDIT: Few more things before I get started (I got my Sata card!):

1. Do I have to put my Hitachi drive in ModeB? I mean, I'm just dumping the firmware, not flashing it.
2. I can't find the drives for Windows 98 and Vista (I need both) on the VIA website. I have this Sata card. (I have a drive CD from DX but I don't want to use it; a lot of the time they come with viruses.)
3. Does the Xbox 360 need to power the drives while I do everything?
4. Can I use the DosFlash that I found in ixtreme 1.5?

Jungle flasher is a new program for flashing and reading the drives. It was released when the lite-on firmware came out , it can do other drives , but I have not used it yet , so can't offer any help with it.

1)Yes. It has to be in mode B for windows to see it
2)http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=37&CatID=3000&SubCatID=117 , top one is the drivers for the 6420/1 card.
3)Yes , the 360 has to power the drive. Unless you buy one of the adapters to let the pc do it. Also you have to have the av cable plugged into the 360. You don't have to have it plugged into a tv , just in the back of the 360 , otherwise it shuts itself off.
4)Yes

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh* More issues...

I installed the Sata card (it was a BIG pain to get it in, didn't really fit in my box) and put the drive is ModeB (with that Live CD thingy). Now I reboot (into Windows) my computer (360 is still on) and nothing, it doesn't see a thing (ANYWHERE! Settings, system info, my computer, etc). I reboot again (360 is still on), it sees it this time but it says it has a "issue" so none of the programs can see it yet (I can only see it in the settings/system info of Windows). I reboot AGAIN (360 still.... never mind, you know what I'm going to say), same thing.

Also, when the drive is in ModeB and plugged in, my computer only starts up half the time.

Just a side note, the computer has Vista on it.

Anyone know? I'll try again tomorrow.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What sata card is it?
And how can you be advertising a 360 modding service in your sig if you cant get a hitachi drive recognised in windows?

Ive been using a connectivity kit since they were 1st available and found these the simplist way of getting a 360 drive to read/erase/flash
wink.gif

squirt1000

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, Thats odd, I also use 1 of them and have never had an issue. Have you tried powering up the drive just after windows starts up? Also, what are you using to power the drive with?

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
squirt1000 said:
Hmm, Thats odd, I also use 1 of them and have never had an issue. Have you tried powering up the drive just after windows starts up? Also, what are you using to power the drive with?
I didn't try that. The drive gets in ModeB fine, its just after it doesn't work. I'm using a RRoD'd 360 to power it (I'm 100% the 360 doesn't auto shut off or anything, I can hear it easily!).

squirt1000

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try that 1st, Make sure you also have an av lead connected to the back of the console. if that fails you might need to hook it up to the working 360 to provide its power.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
squirt1000 said:
I think it will lose modeb if rebooted.
Same here. So you think ModeB isn't working right or something? Here's what I did.

1. Plug all the cables in, AV, power and Sata.
2. Put the Live CD in my computer.
3. Turned the computer and 360 on at the same time.
4. Ran the Live CD, worked fine.
5. Drive is now is ModeB, it ejects the disk tray every time I try to put it back in.
6. Shut off the computer, started it again.
7. Freezes a few times (had to reboot), but after a while it gets to windows.
8. The drive shows up as a unknown drive. I can see its full name (the model number) in the system info, but it says something is wrong with it. No flashing/firmware dumping software can see it.

EDIT: Yay! 1,700 posts!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's constantly ejecting when you put the tray in, then modeB is working fine and you've done everything right. I've never come across one that goes into modeB , but not properly and shows up with something wrong with it. They either go into it or don't.

Only thing I can suggest is try turning the 360 on and ejecting the tray before powering the pc and sticking it in mode b. I have to leave the hitachi tray open on one of my pcs or it just freezes the system.

If that doesn't work, then something in your setup isn't playing ball , so only thing I can suggest is try another pc or another os. As your doing everything right and it's in modeb so should be working.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can't remember the error but it was something like Windows failed to start talking to this drive.

I played with it for an hour and no luck, but something good did happen, my RRoD'd Xbox started working!

I'll try again today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-