SvSIP: use your DS as a phone!

sanchoquo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just set myself up with voipcheap, and copied the settings exactly, apart from putting my user info into the file,
I can dial out from the voipcheap program, but cannot dial out from my
DS I have a linksys router, its fairly old now and im not sure if i need to set up the port 6050 to be open or not, I also dont know how to do this , all i get is disconnected
anyone know what im doing wrong?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had problems with this....but only until i used voipbuster.com. So i recommend using that site to get an account. ITS FREE (tried acouple other accounts only this seemed to work)

Well first the link offered on GBAtemp is to an slightly outdated version of the app. Go get the new one at the official site.

http://libw11.free.fr/svsip/index.html

Then download... YOU MUST DO THESE THINGs

A. Unzip and keep in the SVSip folder
B. Go into that folder and edit the config. It should be simpler then the earlier config.
Domain - sip.voipbuster.com
Name in Name (--username PBCar) and PW in PW fields.
C. DLDI patch your file to the cart you are using (not explaining DLDI)
D. Place the SVSIP folder in the ROOT (first folder) of your cart.

Everything should be good after that. Worked for me, unflashed DS lite using ez5 in the US.

sanchoquo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aha, I sorted it all out, Free uk landline calls!
honestly this is the most use my DS Lite has been for a long time
and to the guy saying its bullcrap, if your not prepared to spend a little time trying to get it working with your setup then thats fine, but theres no need to bad mouth the developer, its obvious that he has put a pile of work into it, if you feel you could do better then why not offer to write up some 'documentation' for it,

as far as I can see, anyone with some common sense and a little spare time can get this running.

yooeee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This program is bullcrap, and a waste of time like alot of aps for the ds mainly cause of the lack of info to come with it. I mean it would be nice if the people who make these things though about problems that someone might run into, and a trouble shotting section couldn't hurt emu have them why not these.....make it universal for everyone to understand not just for the nerds out there.

first of all, chill out, this is this guy's first release, and once it gets more finalized it will have documentation. there's no point of documenting if the program isn't final yet, there are still plenty of bugs to be worked out. second, take ten minutes to read previous posts before spending time ranting about how something sucks because you can't figure it out. even if you did, you have no right to rant like this. ranting isn't going to help or motivate anyone to help you. this program does work. people actually spent time on this thread explaining how to use it, even using youtube. if you can't figure it out, then wait a couple weeks for newer versions to be released that are more streamlined. man for all we know, your router could be the problem and it may not be the coder's fault at all. i can't believe how you can say ANYTHING bad to a person who brought this ability to DS (homebrew). clearly it's your problem and not his. is he trying to make money off you? man see how bad ranting is, it's contagious. ok i'm done, i hope you get the point.

gigermunit

Trophies
Website
gigermunit.uni.cc
XP
Country
United States
This program is bullcrap, and a waste of time like alot of aps for the ds mainly cause of the lack of info to come with it. I mean it would be nice if the people who make these things though about problems that someone might run into, and a trouble shotting section couldn't hurt emu have them why not these.....make it universal for everyone to understand not just for the nerds out there.

first of all, chill out, this is this guy's first release, and once it gets more finalized it will have documentation. there's no point of documenting if the program isn't final yet, there are still plenty of bugs to be worked out. second, take ten minutes to read previous posts before spending time ranting about how something sucks because you can't figure it out. even if you did, you have no right to rant like this. ranting isn't going to help or motivate anyone to help you. this program does work. people actually spent time on this thread explaining how to use it, even using youtube. if you can't figure it out, then wait a couple weeks for newer versions to be released that are more streamlined. man for all we know, your router could be the problem and it may not be the coder's fault at all. i can't believe how you can say ANYTHING bad to a person who brought this ability to DS (homebrew). clearly it's your problem and not his. is he trying to make money off you? man see how bad ranting is, it's contagious. ok i'm done, i hope you get the point.
He speaks the truth, he now has the respect of gigerm.

mdsanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, I wanted to bash at that dude after a few more attempts at making this thing work but yooeee beat me to it.

so far I've spent just about 2 nights trying to make this thing work, yea the instructions are pretty simply just fill in the questions run and thats about it, the video was a great addition, thanks. I didn't even know I had to add 00 before a number.

I'm assuming my problem is with my router I am using an old BEFW11S4 with 1.50.14 firmware. if anyone else is using the same and has managed to make it work let me know.

for me the program is making an actual connection to the router, so I do manage to see the dialpad. I even get to dial, all of a sudden a bunch of stuff starts scrolling down. it looks like its trying different protocols or something, then it just disconnects. I don't believe an actuall connection to the sip server was made.

btw nerds will always get first dibs, at least for stuff like this. Were the ones that test out the bugs and help out in with the code to make it easier for the jocks to play with our toys. or whatever.

I rant, therefore I rant....

Rudi Rastelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hallo...

Tried to get "svsip" working with my "1und1"-sip-acount... but it doesn't work for me.
It says "Calling..." then, after a few seconds "disconnected" :'(
I typ in my normal phone-number (0049xxxxxxxxxxx) but it doesn't ring.
Port 5060 (and others tested as well) forwarded to my DS-IP. Tried different things in the last 2 nights to get it working... but no luck.

On the other hand the test-version of the other DS-Voip-Project (dsip) is working fine with the same acount-data (not that you can talk there, but its ringing my phone) and without forwarding any ports.
Author of "dsip" released the source code... so maybe it is worth a look for the developer of "svsip".
My router is a Fritzbox7050WlanFon (has built-in Voip-Functionality)

And maybe here's another 1und1-user from Germany to help me setting it up.

Regards

Rudi

P

pasc

I used a free Voipstuntaccount and called my number 0049xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it said something like sorry, but you need to call a 0049 before your won code and telephone number or something... I don't know why it is like this, but I made a Voipstunt account and in my config I used Voipbuster instead, but still, it called, but didn't ring.

hyperz69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am trying to get it to work with my internetcalls.com account. It's the same company as voipbuster. Problem is once it's all connected.. dialing any number leads to a pause then disconnect. The ports are all good and tried 00 and just local as well. Is this a program bug or am I doing something wrong here?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've tried about 3-4 different SIP accounts now.

Nadiz.com - Didnt work for me
antisip - Didnt work for me

VOIPbuster is the only one that has worked.

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wtf. i call my cell phone but like my cell phone doesn't ring and some girl picks up..

i live in the US,california.
i called

001714XXXxxxx
001 = US?
714 = area code
XXX = first 3 numbers
xxxx = last 4 numbers.
i dialed it like that and some girl picked up when i have my cell phone right here..

mdsanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally keep getting this message flashing around whenever I try to make a call

Code:

Call-ID: ffff0000000005ff8a4374

Cseq: 1658550643 INVITE

Server: (Very nice Sip Registrar/Proxy Server)

Allow: ACK, BYE, CANCEL, INVITE, REGISTER, OPTIONS, INFO

WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="sip.voipbuster.com", nonce="453109515", algorith=MD5

Content-Length: 0

--end of packet.

This keeps rotating when making a call, with the only change I notice being the Cseg going down the Allow list.

then I just get a call.c call disconnected message.

if i wanna try again I have to press the hangup button and redial the number

mdsanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there any homebrew that would allow me to edit the config file from within the ds itself? im kinda tired of switching my microsd between the computer and the ds itself, plus im scared i might damage the card at some point in the transfer.

narutoblaze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ermm a noob question. Do you need a wireless router to run this and any other online based homebrew application for ur nds?

I have a Nintendo Wi-fi connector would that work too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken build your own router lol