Hacking [Suspended] ARM11 kernel access project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any leads?
Kinda. I've found out that ARM9 could possibly be exploited directly from ARM11 userland, depending on what it is, and that Process9 apparently has a flaw in it. That's all I have right now. Should be able to check more this weekend.
EDIT: This info was gotten by asking lots of questions.

DingusPingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda. I've found out that ARM9 could possibly be exploited directly from ARM11 userland, depending on what it is, and that Process9 apparently has a flaw in it. That's all I have right now. Should be able to check more this weekend.
Holy fuck, that's actually pretty cool if you can get ARM9 kernel from ARM11 userland

Reactions: Margen67

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia

I wish you good luck sir!

Ryujinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Um, VerifyRsaSha256.
WulfyStylez said:
On second thought, patching VerifyRsaSha256 would actually allow people to spoof consoles (and do other things which I won't explicitly outline here since pirates are awful). However, it would also allow perfectly genuine consoles to get banned over as little as showing a serial number on eBay, and thus I'm not planning on publicly releasing anything to do this...

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WulfyStylez said:
On second thought, patching VerifyRsaSha256 would actually allow people to spoof consoles (and do other things which I won't explicitly outline here since pirates are awful). However, it would also allow perfectly genuine consoles to get banned over as little as showing a serial number on eBay, and thus I'm not planning on publicly releasing anything to do this...
Wrong VerifyRsaSha256, I was referring to the VerifyRsaSha256 exploit for 4.5 which was triggered from arm11 usermode.

ShetiPhian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Needs the ability to choose more than one. I have multiple 3ds's.
Yeah, the creator forgot to turn it on!

I've got 3 here (two are mine, other is my brothers)
Not sure if it helps to put them here but:

N3DSXL @ 9.7 [orig 9.0] <= poll entry
O3DSXL @ 9.2 [orig 4.4] running 9.7 via rxTools v2.2.1
O3DSXL @ 9.6 [orig 4.4] Scratch that, system is now 10.1, didn't feel like fighting with my brother and just let him update so he could play online.

Last edited by ShetiPhian,

Bluebirde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was gonna update past 9.9 to transfer my account to the new 3ds im getting on the 25th. This is making me feel I should wait or start up a new account

Reactions: V3NUS_M1NER

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If 3dbrew is correct - and they probably are, there's really no reason you shouldn't update to 10.1, as nothing significant has been changed in the system, security-wise. If an exploit compatible with 9.9 firmwares is found, then chances are it'll work with 10.1 as well.

DiegitusXD

Trophies
XP
Country
If 3dbrew is correct - and they probably are, there's really no reason you shouldn't update to 10.1, as nothing significant has been changed in the system, security-wise. If an exploit compatible with 9.9 firmwares is found, then chances are it'll work with 10.1 as well.
I'm going to stay on 9.9 [emoji39]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...