Status
Not open for further replies.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wonder if kernel access would allow software-based head tracking 3D similar to the New 3DS. The N3DS probably uses different hardware for that though. But still...I can dream...

You mean on the O3DS? It wouldn't. You're right about the N3DS using specific hardware for it. The screen itself is part of it.

Reactions: Margen67

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, but what if it's entirely software based. The 3DS already has a camera.

If that was possible, Nintendo would have done it already, don't you think?
Well.. I guess it is possible but like it was said above, it won't really be that good as the real thing.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I wonder if kernel access would allow software-based head tracking 3D similar to the New 3DS. The N3DS probably uses different hardware for that though. But still...I can dream...

From what I understand, ARM9 kernel access isn't going to magically make your device more powerful, but it will put us on the same level as 9.2 users, giving us the ability to do the exact same things they do - NAND backups, dynarec, CFW, and so on.

Reactions: lemanuel

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I understand, ARM9 kernel access isn't going to magically make your device more powerful, but it will put us on the same level as 9.2 users, giving us the ability to do the exact same things they do - NAND backups, dynarec, CFW, and so on.
IIRC ARM9 is only designed for a specific type of process so yeah, it won't magically allow other stuff to work

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If this leads nowhere, would you consider working on the Wii U? Devs have got kernel access as of about a month ago but apparently none of them are interested in making USB loaders or anything else that would allow people to make backups. All the tricky stuff is done (finding flaws and exploiting them) so should be a lot easier than this project.

Reactions: Margen67

Dgrohl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If this leads nowhere, would you consider working on the Wii U? Devs have got kernel access as of about a month ago but apparently none of them are interested in making USB loaders or anything else that would allow people to make backups. All the tricky stuff is done (finding flaws and exploiting them) so should be a lot easier than this project.

You should take a look at "loadiine". Backups on Wii U are now a reality.

On the other hand, I'm new here, I just want to ask all of you If you know where I can find docs to get involved in 3DS hacking, I'm programmer and I want to give it a try. Thanks

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
You should take a look at "loadiine". Backups on Wii U are now a reality.

On the other hand, I'm new here, I just want to ask all of you If you know where I can find docs to get involved in 3DS hacking, I'm programmer and I want to give it a try. Thanks
Sure thing, try 3dbrew and yifan lu's site; those are the best places to start.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
At this point we don't even know if it's possible, so I'd say wait until MassExplosion makes an announcement. Try not updating beyond 10 though, who knows what might happen if you do.

I recommend changing your DNS to the tubehax one or turning your 3DS' wireless off if you don't want the system to nag you about updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now