Support

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Teaz, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Teaz
    OP

Teaz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2013
    Any support really appreciated, quite lost track of time to be honest. I'll try make this short as I can but there is quite a bit I'd like to ask so as said, any support or direction/pinpoints helping much appreciated.

I've just last week got hold of a 3DSXL after seeing Nintendo didn't make any announcement on bringing out a new hand-held or revision.

Currently I want to get back into my playing games on the DS from my 3+ years absences.
    I own the DSL, DSi and the new 3DSXL and right now I am after a new flashcart that I could use on all three or two. I've got the DSTT and the Acekard 2i; they both work great however the DSTT has packed quite a bit with lag but the AK2i so far is fine but aware that it is complicated with the new 3DS and other advancements or updates. So I'd like to keep those two as a piece of history and backups.

I've looked up and as of current that the Supercard DSTwo along with the R4i Gold or something along that (too many) are two recommendations for the 3DS but who do I go for?

What I'm after/requirements:

-Ease of use
    -None to very little lag issues
    -Plays GBAs and of course NDS
    -Simple Setup and Updates
    -Good Updates support

That's it for what I'm after, along with that, I'll be purchasing the EZ Flash V 3 in 1 pack for the DSL for GBA.

I'm fine to go for either of the two as money isn't a real issue for me.

Apart from all of that, there is something to add in regards to help.

I would like to get a stand alone GBA flashcart for my GBMicro but I am seeing that it is very limited in this area so help to pin point would be great. I would prefer this as my main hand help travel console over the 3DS.
    I've looked up from some long hours research that the EZ Flash IV GBA cart is the best? But searching or sourcing one out is sold out flat, I've come across a few sites but they either had payment problems or just didn't want to accept a payment, so avoided. I've only noticed that they're discontinued which is upsetting but a place to get hold of one would be great, if not another recommendation would be great if similar to it.

I've got an M3 Lite with a passme card? for the DSL if that makes it any easier for the GBA help but I ain't got a clue on how that works. I bought it 3+ years ago but have to leave it aside along with the psp due to all sorts of projects going on.

Any help much appreciated, please spare me from the hard abbreviations, not exactly up to date on things. Sorry if I've posted in the wrong section, do move it to the correct section if so.

2. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Yup, the DSTWO is the best.
    And R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) can't play GBA games, only the DSTWO.

3. Teaz
    OP

Teaz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2013
    Is this just loading from the DSTwo or through the support of a GBA cart support?

I've looked up but not sure if I'm looking in the right place but the straight GBA load from the DS cart isn't fully functional or has issues with a lot of the games?

If the DSTwo is that great then I am likely to op for it, Unless someone disagrees or opinions on it?

4. GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    DSTWO is generally considered the best DS Flashcard. It's the only flashcard (as far as I know) that plays GBA at full speed and is compatible with 3DS. I can't say much else about the DSTWO as I don't own one.

R4i Gold is the next best if you want to be cheap. I personally own an R4i Gold 3DS and have had absolutely NO lag in ANY DS games with it. Playing DS games in my R4i Gold 3DS feels no different from the actual game.
    It can do GBA emulation, but it's really horrible. Either there will be no sound, or the sound will be severely messed up. For me, the music is the most important thing, so an emulator with no sound or messed up sound is completely unplayable.

DSTWO and R4i Gold are the most updated cards (as far as I know), with DSTWO more so than R4i. For example, on the newest firmware (released a few days ago), DSTWO was the first to be updated and R4i Gold is going to be updated very soon. In fact, I've heard some people here say DSTWO is impossible to permanently block because of how good it is at emulating a DS cartridge.

Hope this helped.

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The 3DS has no GBA slot, so you want the DSTwo. It's the only suggested flash cart that has it's own internal CPU that can do better emulation than the DS (the DS is very old and weak!), so it has the best GBA emulation... which is still not perfect.