Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me with making a custom theme? Can I just leave it in png/jpeg for or do I canvert it into bin? How would i
convert them into bin?

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could someone please post the MD5 hash of the firmware.bin needed/created by the latest version of rxtools (2.6 or 3.0b3 or whatever is the newest one).
rxTools 2.6 firmware.bin
AA6300DED1540C6687982C5BFB7C6C62
Edit: I'm an idiot, it's
A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746

Last edited by jernk,

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the payload to make a html page? Like you know how gateway unofficially released theirs so anyone could host the browser exploit, I would like to do that for rxTools.

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question: Does the installation process of rxTools still fail, if you don't have a patched AGB FIRM or does it work as intended if you have an unmodified (clean) AGB_FIRM ?

Chad Banks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, sorry I edited my post! It won't work on anything above 9.2. When we say 9.X it just refers to 9.0 - 9.2, the only exploitable firmware versions out of all 9.x versions.

Ok, I downgraded to 4.x and I can get into rxmode from the profile menu. Thanks.

Is there a way to autoboot to emunand when powering on the 3ds?

Last edited by Chad Banks,

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What?!

Patches folder : build
Number of patches : 0

I don't know what happened really. Are there files with extension ".o" and ".bin" in /E/Programmation/Projets/rxTools/rxmode/native_firm/build?
Really wonder how it could be patches 0... (So no clue for you sorry.)

Yes there is .o and .bin file in each folder inside rxmode folder.
I don't know why i have these results.

And the thing is that everything compile fine without error, i'm lost.

Krasny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then you don't have AGB_FIRM installed in neither the SysNAND nor the EmuNAND. I'm assuming you're using the latest rxTools build, of course.

It is necessary to have AGB_FIRM installed in at least one of the NANDs. The installation data suite needs that in order to properly parse the Title Key and decrypt the AGB_FIRM copy stored in the firmware.bin file. Otherwise, it'll always fail. Your best shot would be to just install a clean AGB_FIRM CIA to either the SysNAND or the EmuNAND (or both).

@megazero1x1 You should definitely add this info to the first post. ;)

EDIT: I didn't notice you don't know how to install it. Just get the AGB_FIRM CIA straight from NUS using 3DNUS (Title ID: 0004013800000202 / Version: 3665). Then, use the Install FBI option to inject

Thank you!

Installing on emunand didn´t solve the problem, but when i installed on sysnand the problem dissapeared.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E:\Programmation\ImageMagick-6.9.1-Q16\;E:\Programmation\Git\bin;

What did i do wrong ?
ImageMagick isn't the problem, but why is it there? Did you download the version for MinGW and unzip it there? If so, you will have other issues later. Go back to that site and run the windows installer (the top one under windows).
And how did you get the source for rxTools? Download a .zip from github? If so, then that's messed up as well. You need to clone the git (you are missing things).

Go check out the rxTools compiling thread (link is a couple of pages back in this thread). It got me started but wasn't perfect... I added info after I got the latest git built.

caytung07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks Syphirith, Ive solved RXtools [.....x..] install problem by installing patched 0004013800000202 on 3DS's sysnand with Pasta cfw

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I just downgraded to sysnand 4.2.0-9U. Already format EmuNand. Rxtools 2.6 works great. Only thing is even if I successfully inject FBI (both on SysNand and EmuNand), I can't boot FBI through health&safety app. It's just health&safety app. Please help.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't even get past the installation screen. I get 1 dot and that's it. My ISP has been filtering stuff and the biggest firmware.bin I get is only 3.5MB, while I've read it should be like 5MB. Also building from cloning the latest git only gives me a 1MB .dat file when it should be 4MB or so...

Edit: connected to VPN and still get a 3.5MB firmware.bin file.
MD5 is: A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746
CRC: 4C4829DE

Last edited by urherenow,

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't even get past the installation screen. I get 1 dot and that's it. My ISP has been filtering stuff and the biggest firmware.bin I get is only 3.5MB, while I've read it should be like 5MB. Also building from cloning the latest git only gives me a 1MB .dat file when it should be 4MB or so...

Edit: connected to VPN and still get a 3.5MB firmware.bin file.
MD5 is: A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746
CRC: 4C4829DE
Check the op for the md5

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MD5 is correct. But I'm a moron. I've been testing on an N3DS. Didn't dawn on me until I read what version of AGB_FIRM to reinstall. O3DS only still... In the process of installing everything I could with the latest FBI (run from pastaCFW and Ninjhax) to ensure a completely legit firmware, I got a black screen brick. So some things STILL can't be installed properly using CIA files from 3DNUS. I'm hard-modded so no big deal, but this is still troubling...

megazero1x1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MD5 is correct. But I'm a moron. I've been testing on an N3DS. Didn't dawn on me until I read what version of AGB_FIRM to reinstall. O3DS only still... In the process of installing everything I could with the latest FBI (run from pastaCFW and Ninjhax) to ensure a completely legit firmware, I got a black screen brick. So some things STILL can't be installed properly using CIA files from 3DNUS. I'm hard-modded so no big deal, but this is still troubling...

The latest beta builds of rxTools supports N3DS ? :blink:

Busterman587

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I get an error during the Data Suite installation [....x.] (exactly like this)
I have already installed AGB_FIRM but I think I only installed it on EmuNand (Through FBI while on EmuNand mode). When I try to run rxmode on SysNand I cant launch any game or application (just like on SysNand)
What do I have to do?

Last edited by Busterman587,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1