neckbeard
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
2.6 installs well for me regardless of agb_firm
personally i cant get gba to work at all though (even on 2.5)
100% sure im downloaded correct files with 3dnus, and patc seems to work but installing .cia to nand does nothing
every game gives me error screen on launch
have original black 3ds xl if that matters (unlinked nand)
if you delete the agb_firm in FBI it doesnt seem to auto reinstall it on 2.6 btw

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do you still have prepatched AGB firm installed on emunand from when you were using other CFW to launch your GBA games? It might be interfering with rxTools. Which reminds me, I need to restore my AGB firm to it's original state now. TWL on emunand is downgraded though (I also version spoofed it doing that wouldn't cause update prompts). I recall doing that for DS flashcart compatiblity. Not sure what impact that has on rxTools TWL compatiblity. But despite that TWL games do boot from emunand. (DSiWare of coarse still requires a copy be present on sysnand)

I restored the original AGB firm (I downloaded it again with 3DNUS) in sysNAND and emuNAND. But did you try to run a GBA game with an unlinked NAND and without installing it on sysNAND? I want to know if that is possible, or if I misunderstood Roxas75.

TheDamnedKirai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, indeed.
Actually the presence of that mod altered the ticket key of AGB_FIRM, making it not working for someone. That's my hipotesis.
I probably have a solution for this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah.

Just for information i have the X on the 5th spot, not the 4.

It looks like that [....x..]

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. for some reason my MD5 of firmware.bin is A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746

Anybody else getting this? I am using Python 2.7.10

That was from github. Using the .exe in the package on the rxtools website I get: AA6300DED1540C6687982C5BFB7C6C62

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Though I did recompile source to load firmwareRX.bin instead as the new file would conflict with CakesFW which is another CFW that also loads firmware.bin. CakesFW would likely stop working if I allowed it to load the new firmware.bin that rxTools generated.

No need to do that. The new firmware.bin from rxTools is basically old firmware.bin + AGB_FIRM + TWL_FIRM. Tested it and the current build of cakes should be able to load it pretty much correctly, only taking a bit longer because it's bigger (will limit the size that is loaded in a newer build). It will just ignore the latter two parts.
EDIT: Wait, nevermind. If I remember correctly, the latest release loads "just enough", as the firmware size is fixed. In development I just load the whole thing regardless of size to support multiple versions.

Reactions: megazero1x1

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have to reset the system save data for the friends applet/module. Refer to 3DBrew for the location on NAND. You'll need to generate xorpads and decrypt your fat16 partition of your emunand so that you can manually delete the save for it. You can also do a system format of emunand. That would also fix it. It all depends on how bad you want it fixed I guess. :P

Do it the hard way if you want to preserve your friendcode and other things, or if you don't care, you can just system format. :P

So where exactly do I find this information on 3DBrew?

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
just a detail.
the home menu notes applet does not works in emunand, it return to the main menu and gives a error

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Is it possible to open friends list app on emunand? Mine seems to crash everytime.
I had the same problem with Palantine and rxTools, crash on sysNAND and emuNAND. After formatted sysNAND the crash was solved.
I have already formatted sysnand
Mine is weird

Sysnand 9.2 = Friend list loads
Emunand 9.8 = Friend list loads
Sysnand 9.2 through rxtools = Friend list crashes.

@Roxas75 .. Any ideas?

Edit: Just for comparison, it works fine in sysnand through Cakes. So this is definetly an rxTools issue

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
reload friend list after loading another applet and it will crash
internet applet crashes some times
notes applets crashes everytime

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mine is weird

Sysnand 9.2 = Friend list loads
Emunand 9.8 = Friend list loads
Sysnand 9.2 through rxtools = Friend list crashes.

@Roxas75 .. Any ideas?
Nope, that's a weird issue. I hope to find the problem asap.

I uploaded another fixed 2.6 version. I hope this will also fix the 'x' problems, making 2.6 fully working.

Reactions: Madridi

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Nope, that's a weird issue. I hope to find the problem asap.

I uploaded another fixed 2.6 version. I hope this will also fix the 'x' problems, making 2.6 fully working.
Could you please just use 2.6.1, 2.6.2(etc..)? It's getting confusing :P

Reactions: zero2exe

TheDamnedKirai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah it's like 4 dots x 2 dots
Clean SD, nand backup, made clean emunand, still keeps doing it. (with latest rxTools release (fixed 2.6))

Redownload the 2.6 relase,.

Recreate firmware.bin , copy rxTools.dat and the new firmware file to the SD. And it all works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1