hytham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
HI ,
i have a nintendo switch "XAJ7003760****" with OFW "4.1.0" , and sd with emunand "4.1.0" , copied atlas kosmos 14.2 and pegascape to root of my sd card . on sysnand i configured fake news dns 163.172.181.170 as primary and 51.15.245.41 as secondary , however i was prompted for FW upgarde "supernag , with 2 bottons . i have to update in order to get in eshop" !
i'm not sure why that happened , at first my sd was formatted as exfat , switch set to airplane mode and at that time never connected to any wifi network , yet i was prompted that FW upgarde is needed in order to support that sd .
i have a legend of zelda cartidge "version 1.3 or 1.3.1 as i remember" , can a save game data trigger this issue , if i delete is does that solve the issue ?
anyway i tried to use gag order 0.1.0 from cfw on emunand , however it tell me that i don't have super nag ! , yet even when i log in to fake news or eshop on cfw i'm prompted for fw upgrade !
note " i'm on a shared network , can wifi router override dns values i'm setting ?
Does restore backup to emmc solve this ?
how to solve that supernag thing ?

Last edited by hytham,

hytham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Don’t you go into maintenance mode, then back out to clear any pending update, and from there on use DNS90 / incognito or flight mode.
that solve the nag , not supernag , the firmware is not downloaded , but i can't get into eshop without being prompted to update , i already tried going to maintenance and even restore factory setting ,

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use the eShop unless you are on the latest system version (currently 9.0.1). Obviously, you cannot update your sysNAND, but you can update your emuNAND if you have one.

If your SD card is exFAT, the data partition cannot be read unless you install the exFAT support update. You can do this on a dirty NAND using ChoiDujourNX.

Reactions: KiiWii

hytham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You can't use the eShop unless you are on the latest system version (currently 9.0.1). Obviously, you cannot update your sysNAND, but you can update your emuNAND if you have one.

If your SD card is exFAT, the data partition cannot be read unless you install the exFAT support update. You can do this on a dirty NAND using ChoiDujourNX.
i'm accessing eshop from SYSNAND , so i can open caffeine via pegascape . i don't want o upgrade SYSNAND ..
what you mean by dirty NAND ? ..
n.b: currently sd card is fat32 for both emunand and partition holding kosmos,etc ..

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm accessing eshop from SYSNAND , so i can open caffeine via pegascape . i don't want o upgrade SYSNAND ..
what you mean by dirty NAND ? ..
n.b: currently sd card is fat32 for both emunand and partition holding kosmos,etc ..
Why are you trying to use the eShop on your 4.1.0 sysNAND?

hytham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Why are you trying to use the eShop on your 4.1.0 sysNAND?
sorry if i may have misconceptions , i just started working on my new switch modding 2 days back .
i want to do so to access CFW without the need to use a jig "by using pegascape==>caffeine"

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if i may have misconceptions , i just started working on my new switch modding 2 days back .
i want to do so to access CFW without the need to use a jig "by using pegascape==>caffeine"
You don't need to use the eShop for that. Follow this guide to run PegaScape and install Fake News. After you install Fake News, you can just use Fake News to run PegaScape.
https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacking/caffeine/pegascape

hytham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You don't need to use the eShop for that. Follow this guide to run PegaScape and install Fake News. After you install Fake News, you can just use Fake News to run PegaScape.
i tried that before , anyway this time , i logged directly to CFW "not SYSNAND" , added 51.15.245.41 as primary DNS , 163.172.141.219 as secondary ,
test connection don't show " WiFi network requires registration" .. so i logged to homebrew menu via album , ran fake news injector , when i run it from news , it give error code 2807-1028 .. unable to display page .
gag order still show i don't have supernag , still when i go to eshop it gives "a system update is required before you can proceed message" with 2 options only "cancel or update"

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried that before , anyway this time , i logged directly to CFW "not SYSNAND" , added 51.15.245.41 as primary DNS , 163.172.141.219 as secondary ,
test connection don't show " WiFi network requires registration" .. so i logged to homebrew menu via album , ran fake news injector , when i run it from news , it give error code 2807-1028 .. unable to display page .
gag order still show i don't have supernag , still when i go to eshop it gives "a system update is required before you can proceed message" with 2 options only "cancel or update"
If you can run the homebrew launcher through the album, then you are already running CFW. I don't know what you are trying to do.

hytham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
If you can run the homebrew launcher through the album, then you are already running CFW. I don't know what you are trying to do.
just be able to boot CFW via pegascape without the need to use a jig .. my laptop can't install apx driver even when i tried using zadig-2.4 .. whenever nintendo switch shutdown and i power it on again , i need to use jig on a friend pc to boot to rcm .
side question , i'm on 4.1 , my SN XAJ7003760xxxx , given the fact that i can go to rcm means that my unit is not what's called "IPATCHED" , correct ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just be able to boot CFW via pegascape without the need to use a jig .. my laptop can't install apx driver even when i tried using zadig-2.4 .. whenever nintendo switch shutdown and i power it on again , i need to use jig on a friend pc to boot to rcm .
side question , i'm on 4.1 , my SN XAJ7003760xxxx , given the fact that i can go to rcm means that my unit is not what's called "IPATCHED" , correct ?
Your primary DNS needs to be 163.172.181.170 for Fake News to work after installing Fake News using the fakenews-injector nro.

hytham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Your primary DNS needs to be 163.172.181.170 for Fake News to work after installing Fake News using the fakenews-injector nro.
did that , same result , i suspect router dns is overriding values i put in nintendo .. any server list for nintendo or homebrew application to check if nintendo servers are actually blocked

hytham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
It turned out to be DNS was override by router in the 3 wifi networks i tried at first , now i was able to inject and run fakenews ..
i tried wifi "from SYSNAND" and
So it turned out to be a DNS issue "i used multiple wifi networks for which router override DNS i set on nintendo"
now i'm able to access pegascape from OFW via 51.15.245.41 DNS "acccess eshop , initiate account link" , thanks for your help
SO my question is
1 - it is safe to inject fake news on OFW ? , or should i just use 51.15.245.41 DNS ..
2- I don't understand supernag concept , i mean gag order report i don't have supernag , i assume it's the default is that i can't access eshop "when DNS was bypassed by router" without updating , why people came with super nag term ?
3- what is best way to delete all generated reports/logs from my OFW .
4- do i always need wifi access with 90 DNS , fake news ?

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you tell if its possible to boot to other emumands from "Fake News" (or warmboot exploits in general) to multiple emunands in this way:

- one for sx os (latest fw)
- one for atmosphere (latest fw)
- and one emunand which would act like real sysnand (also latest fw)-the only difference that its not located on the "real nand" which is soldered but on SD card partition

So, basically the real nand shoud stay on the 1 - 4.X firmware..............

And if its possible, what would happen if we shutdown/restart from the second sysnand/emunand on our partition (you know, the one which would act like real sysnand for only legit stuff), which boot manager would take control of the boot process, the official bootloader or the custom one which prevents burning fuses? Would it boot to RCM or the real sysnand (real nand)?

I mean, is this even possible? The idea is to get rid of jigs and rcm dongles (hence warmboot) but also to be able to use multiple emunands with one "fake clean sysnand" for legit online stuff?

EDIT: I mean, if it boots after restart to the real sysnand which is on the real soldered nand, which is also on lower firmware for the warmboot exploit to work (1.0 - 4.X) compard to other mentioned multi emunands which are on 9.X firmware..... fuses would burn or not?

Last edited by deSSy2724,

hytham

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Can you tell if its possible to boot to other emumands from "Fake News" (or warmboot exploits in general) to multiple emunands in this way:

- one for sx os (latest fw)
- one for atmosphere (latest fw)
- and one emunand which would act like real sysnand (also latest fw)-the only difference that its not located on the "real nand" which is soldered but on SD card partition

So, basically the real nand shoud stay on the 1 - 4.X firmware..............

And if its possible, what would happen if we shutdown/restart from the second sysnand/emunand on our partition (you know, the one which would act like real sysnand for only legit stuff), which boot manager would take control of the boot process, the official bootloader or the custom one which prevents burning fuses? Would it boot to RCM or the real sysnand (real nand)?

I mean, is this even possible? The idea is to get rid of jigs and rcm dongles (hence warmboot) but also to be able to use multiple emunands with one "fake clean sysnand" for legit online stuff?

EDIT: I mean, if it boots after restart to the real sysnand which is on the real soldered nand, which is also on lower firmware for the warmboot exploit to work (1.0 - 4.X) compard to other mentioned multi emunands which are on 9.X firmware..... fuses would burn or not?
Sorry i can't understand what you mean , if i understand correctly updating emunand don't burn fuses

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended