Hacking SuperKEY = PassCard3 (pictures inside)

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess the Passcard 3 without the boot screen is a Superkey in the wrong case, possibly accidental. I hope they don't accidentally put Passcard 3 with boot screen in a Superkey case!

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess the Passcard 3 without the boot screen is a Superkey in the wrong case, possibly accidental. I hope they don't accidentally put Passcard 3 with boot screen in a Superkey case!
LOL
laugh.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm. The accidental theory (SuperKey with PassCard 3 casing) is quite plausible, considering they're made in the same factory. Interesting. More investigation is needed.
smile.gif

rofl2.gif
@ Hunter catching the overdump.
smile.gif

dem1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
new superkey HAVE boot screen instead of white screens...
and they have problems whit ez products (ez 2 for example)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why on Earth did they change the PassCard 3/SuperKey so early in production? It's becoming a nightmare to keep track and provide a comparison!

/bitch

I will find an answer eventually.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why on Earth did they change the PassCard 3/SuperKey so early in production? It's becoming a nightmare to keep track and provide a comparison!

/bitch

I will find an answer eventually.

I've been using babel fish to translate the official Chinese EZ forums. People are saying the M3 team intentionally updated their Passcard 3s and I suppose that would imply the Supercard team did as well to not work with the EZ cards. I suppose that would imply the two teams made an agreement. wtf.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sent this image regarding this to qraysie this morning.

last night, I took two passcard 3's apart (one with the splash screen, the other without). the only difference that I can see is that the manufacturing the pc boards marked the SST chip with a blue or red dot to indicate something. (which begs the possibility of the non-splash [new version] of the passcard 3 actually being a superkey).

passcard 3 pc boards
warning: big image linked above
the left pc board is the passcard with the splash screen, the one on the right is the new version without a splash screen

I got in late last night and forgot to dump images of both passcards, but will do so tonight or tomorrow.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is everyone at the consensus that a splash screen is much less desireable for a nopass device, so for new versions of the Passcard 3 and Superkey to come out to have splash screens is odd, unless there was some specific reason the splash screens provided, like running a "check" application to see which kind of flash card you are running?

Edit - Damn, I bet that's why it wouldn't boot my old GBA flash cart either, since it wasn't made by Supercard, M3/G6 or Neo. Crap.

slandar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is everyone at the consensus that a splash screen is much less desireable for a nopass device...

I sold my PassCard3 and kept the SuperKey for that very reason.. My PassCard had a splash screen and the SuperKey didn't.

I got in late last night and forgot to dump images of both passcards, but will do so tonight or tomorrow.
I dumped both my PassCard3 and SuperKey using the M3 dumper.

PassCard3 with splash screen:
md5: 44502d182e855979a1195eab89eeb34a
crc32: 576ecb17

SuperKey without a splash screen:
md5: a74a55df7c02f7b8c8140fdb34d619df
crc32: f2baf726

Both were the same size of course, 16.0 MB (16,777,216 bytes).

--------

BTW, I have sold my M3 and PassCard3 and shipped them to TX right after dumping the cards. So I am done with both of them now.

My current setup for now is a SuperCard miniSD and a SuperKey.. and soon enough I will flash my lite and be done with the superkey as well.
Bring on the 8gbit G6 Lite...

-Zach

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is everyone at the consensus that a splash screen is much less desireable for a nopass device...

I sold my PassCard3 and kept the SuperKey for that very reason.. My PassCard had a splash screen and the SuperKey didn't.

I dumped both my PassCard3 and SuperKey using the M3 dumper.

PassCard3 with splash screen:
md5: 44502d182e855979a1195eab89eeb34a
crc32: 576ecb17

SuperKey without a splash screen:
md5: a74a55df7c02f7b8c8140fdb34d619df
crc32: f2baf726

Both were the same size of course, 16.0 MB (16,777,216 bytes).

--------

BTW, I have sold my M3 and PassCard3 and shipped them to TX right after dumping the cards. So I am done with both of them now.

My current setup for now is a SuperCard miniSD and a SuperKey.. and soon enough I will flash my lite and be done with the superkey as well.
Bring on the 8gbit G6 Lite...

-Zach

Could you compress and upload them both somewhere? I'd love to take a look at them and see what portions of the ROMs are different.

leoedin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a passme passon going around the US a while ago, it reached about 5 or 6 people. Unfortunately I live in the UK so I couldn't control it very well.

I do have a passkey2, passme and a passcard3 sitting here with not much to do - I guess I could start a rental business with those
ohmy.gif

Leo

superprincesspea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still don't get why people are flashing thier DS's when there are these cards. There is just no point. Why void your warranty when you don't have to?

i don't know how many times i have to say this...

just using a flashcard or passme voids your warranty...

irregardless of this, nintendo is very lenient on their warranty coverage and many people have sent in flashed and bricked ds and ds lite units to nintendo and had them serviced or replaced...

and just for kicks, i'll quote something...

The difference is you aren't internally altering the DS when you just use a Passcard. Unless you are an idiot and leave in in the slot when you send it in for service, they'll never know. A bricked or flashed DS has a pretty obvious physical symptom of the problem.

So yes, you are correct, it does technically void the warranty to use a Passcard, but it leaves no physical evidence behind so it's largely irrelevant.

SPP

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still don't get why people are flashing thier DS's when there are these cards. There is just no point. Why void your warranty when you don't have to?

Can someone tell me if local wifi works when using a Superkey/Passcard 3? Also, does using the card eliminate the health/safety warning screen? If so, Superkey will be a perfect choice.....I won't have to bother with flashing my lite. Unless having the superkey drains battery life more than flashing does, but I don't think that is the case.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes - local WiFi works, and no - the health & safety screen does not get removed. However, you don't have to press a button or tap the screen to continue, the NoPass devices do that for you.

xxx_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country

i don't know how many times i have to say this...

just using a flashcard or passme voids your warranty...

irregardless of this, nintendo is very lenient on their warranty coverage and many people have sent in flashed and bricked ds and ds lite units to nintendo and had them serviced or replaced...

and just for kicks, i'll quote something...

The difference is you aren't internally altering the DS when you just use a Passcard. Unless you are an idiot and leave in in the slot when you send it in for service, they'll never know. A bricked or flashed DS has a pretty obvious physical symptom of the problem.

So yes, you are correct, it does technically void the warranty to use a Passcard, but it leaves no physical evidence behind so it's largely irrelevant.

SPP
faceless just want to save money. But he is misguiding the new people. If you want to flash, you have to use superkey/passme etc at first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk