• Likes 1

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I watched it I was disappointed because all interesting moments were already spoiled by the 5 min preview video :ohnoes:
no surprise at all. they are going fast paced with the leaked one but also fast to preview everything before release.

Nanaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The prison thingy is pretty convenient. Unlimited access to bad guys, yay.
I hope the girl will grow up throughout the season.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
and too much was explored in the pilot (Krypton, parents, step parents, prison, agency, job, multiple love interests, establishing her role in the city, multiple badies, her sister's big secret already revealed, etc., etc.).
spot on. they could've done an entire season with all of those plot elements if timed properly.

mercuryshadow09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These Superhero TV shows are for fans of Thirtysomething, and not really aimed towards hard core, old school comic readers. I'm going to pass... on all of them.

No truer statement has ever been uttered! The Supergirl pilot was bad!

maybe it's an experimental pilot, it's leaked to get people impression and change it for official release in November !

/wake up

Because you show the crappiest possible show to gauge peoples interest? Here's a Polystation to see what you think of our upcoming console,it plays all the latest gen shitvelware just like cheesy nineties flash games that make you want to gouge your eyes out, let us know what you think and we'll link you to the 36 hour update that will break your wifi and internet! That's not really how you sell a show!

Last edited by Depravo,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watched the pilot, it's not that bad, but indeed to much information in the pilot, the should have been more mysterious.
I'll watch a few episodes when they get out, but i just hope it doesn't turn out of more flash/arrow sheesy show.
I rather it be more Flash and Arrow than this feminist stuff.

I liked it but like everyone already said, the pro-feminist undertones were a bit too heavy-handed. Not to mention the whole "Superman meant to give you this", "Your brother wanted you to know this" gets a little tiring since they're not (and can't) show the big guy.
The feminist undertones wasn't needed at all. It like if they put "MRA" undertones in Flash and Arrow.
I am pretty sure they wouldn't even mention that much and pretend he doesn't exist for most episodes, so
It isn't that bothering. Who knows, maybe this will lead into another Superman series. Even more crossovers! Hopefully less "serious" than the Man of Steel movie. Also, aren't they cousins?

Reactions: dimmidice

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was wondering the same thing, so thank you for confirming they didn't change a thing.
I'll still watch the second one, just to see where it's going. But I guess I'll keep Arrow/Flash as my season's hero series.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of "Stock" footage in the first episode and it gave me the Power Rangers vibe. Overall I felt that a lot was crammed into the first episode and some "reveals" could have been saved for episode two or three. Overall I will watch until episode 4 and if it sucks by then, I give up.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Power Rangers vibe
Ahah, that's right! with the organization deploying the heroes on enemies attack, all the explosions etc.

yeah, too much info were provided on the first episode. usually the "secret" is released to the best friend (and more people) in the later seasons.
we will see if there are still place for secrets and mysteries.

Would Flash and arrow meet supergirl ? they are all DC comics broadcasted at the same time, everything's possible.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ahah, that's right! with the organization deploying the heroes on enemies attack, all the explosions etc.

yeah, too much info were provided on the first episode. usually the "secret" is released to the best friend (and more people) in the later seasons.
we will see if there are still place for secrets and mysteries.

Would Flash and arrow meet supergirl ? they are all DC comics broadcasted at the same time, everything's possible.
A crossover is possible although IIRC, the producers of Supergirl don't want it to happen as of now.

Reactions: Cyan

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A crossover is possible although IIRC, the producers of Supergirl don't want it to happen as of now.

Also consider the fact that sadly none of these TV DC heroes will be the movie versions. I doubt there will be crossovers. At least Agents of Shield is directly tied to the damn movies. Seriously, DC comics needs to get with the times and shape up.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Also consider the fact that sadly none of these TV DC heroes will be the movie versions. I doubt there will be crossovers. At least Agents of Shield is directly tied to the damn movies. Seriously, DC comics needs to get with the times and shape up.
There is a chance for a crossover between the movies and the TV series. Perhaps using the multi verse plot could bridge the moves and the series

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i've watched both episode 2 & 3 just because i was bored and they're slightly better. still some cringey lines, bad acting and really cliched. but still a bit better.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
They've been pretty bad so far. At least 5 times an episode someone compares her to Superman, and it's really really old.

The Homeland comment at the end of this last episode was funny. I had to rewind to make sure I hadn't misheard, but apparently Kara and Alex enjoy watching Homeland together. I wonder what Alex thinks of her little sister's topless scene.

Reactions: dimmidice

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They've been pretty bad so far. At least 5 times an episode someone compares her to Superman, and it's really really old.
totally agreed. it just doesn't work not having superman available as a character but still getting mentioned constantly.

what i dont get is why didn't they just write superman out of the show? headlines in the pilot "superman missing!" which inspires kara to step up to fill his shoes. instead he's supposedly flying around but never shows up which makes no sense at all.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
totally agreed. it just doesn't work not having superman available as a character but still getting mentioned constantly.

what i dont get is why didn't they just write superman out of the show? headlines in the pilot "superman missing!" which inspires kara to step up to fill his shoes. instead he's supposedly flying around but never shows up which makes no sense at all.
I believe someone else put it "Too much Superman, but no Superman". He's mentioned constantly, and sometimes even seen, but he's not a character.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I believe someone else put it "Too much Superman, but no Superman". He's mentioned constantly, and sometimes even seen, but he's not a character.
that's a great phrase for it. he really needs to either be gone completely or be an actual character. a mentor type character would make the most sense. hell he could even lose his powers and then become her mentor.

one small detail that annoys me. why the hell are her eye lasers blue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy