Hacking Supercart DSTWO, please help!

Spinifex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, I really want to get a Supercart DSTWO so I can play ROM's on my 3DS XL. My 3DS is version 8.0.0-18E. Basically what I am asking is if I buy one of these cards, and Nintendo releases a new update in the next month or so, for example 8.1.1-19E, can I THEN update my 3DS to that latest firmware (being 8.1.1-19E) and use my Supercart DSTWO with it? Or would I have to wait for the developers of the DSTWO to release a 8.1.1-19E support patch?

Thankyou. :D

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
Currently they are in firmware v1.25 that support DSi 1.45 and 3DS 8.0.0-18x
They continuosly release new firmware (at pace of 3DS firm update) so, I think that it would update the flashcard firmware if a new 3DS update is released.
But, be cautius, cos' if you buy a new Supercard, depending on the shop, it may come with old firmware, and you may need a 3DS with lower firmware, or a NDS (lite-phat) to update the flashcart.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll only have to update the firmware if Nintendo actually blocks it on the 8.1.1, otherwise it'll keep working.

Spinifex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I could probably borrow my friends DS Lite if it doesn't update. But this is where I am buying the card from http://r4andmore.com/supercard-dstwo/ it does say 'This flash card comes up to date at time of sale according to the above compatibility chart.' And also, every time Nintendo comes out with a new patch I must be cautious and check whether the flashcard will work with the new update and is not blocked, correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, yeah it's an ATX for sure lol +1