OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I am looking to buy a new flash card to replace my son's broken M3CF and price versus features he wants the Supercard MiniSD rumble seems to be the best and most cost effective for his phat DS. I see that kicktrading has the lite version but not the MiniSD rumble. Who does?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Is there a miniSD rumble version at all? I didn't know..
all I can tell you is that the rumble feature is absolutely useless.
We have received the SC Lite a few days ago and are a little confused.. it seems that the rumble features are limited to just assigning the rumble engine to a button. Meaning when you press the button the SC will rumble. Not only the rumble engine isn't great quality, but having that shit rumble every time you press one of the button is useless and even annoying.
I hereby recommend you not to buy the SC rumble but to go for a normal Supercard, because normal supercards have GBA support. And GBA support is seriously more important than a useless rumble feature
smile.gif

Hope this helps.

You can also wait for the review, hopefully we find out more features... Oh and also the SC Rumble is not compatible with rumble games (eg. Metroid Pinball). The games just do not detect the rumble pack.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that's the initial implementation. the supercard team has to go back and revise their patches to incorporate correct rumbling for all the past games, and it's going to take time.

tyger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GBA support is useless to me myson had a M3CF before and never played one GBA game on it so the price reduction over the normal Supercard is the reason for wanting the Rumble version.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a miniSD rumble version at all? I didn't know..
all I can tell you is that the rumble feature is absolutely useless.
We have received the SC Lite a few days ago and are a little confused.. it seems that the rumble features are limited to just assigning the rumble engine to a button. Meaning when you press the button the SC will rumble. Not only the rumble engine isn't great quality, but having that shit rumble every time you press one of the button is useless and even annoying.
I hereby recommend you not to buy the SC rumble but to go for a normal Supercard, because normal supercards have GBA support. And GBA support is seriously more important than a useless rumble feature
smile.gif

Hope this helps.

You can also wait for the review, hopefully we find out more features... Oh and also the SC Rumble is not compatible with rumble games (eg. Metroid Pinball). The games just do not detect the rumble pack.

Actually a rumble patch for Metroid Prime Pinball has been plastered all over the front page of the supercard site for the last week... I think it's a great solution for new comers with phatties that want the sd speed enhancements akin to the Supercard lite this series brings... I agree the rumble is just a gimmick.. but hey you can have it on or have it ..disabled.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the SuperCard team is working to add the "real" rumble to all of the current rumble supported DS games. And sicne the SuperCard Rumble is so cheap its worth it. If you can do without GBA its a great buy!

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but if they didn't bother wasting valuable time thinking how to add rumble in and never put that vibrator into the cart, it'd be even cheaper..

Now it's on par with the EZ4Lite Compact where it should be another $5+ cheaper without the rumble

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, if they left the Rumble out the SuperCard Rumble line would be just as crappy as the M3 Pro Line. The Rumble feature is quite cool if they can get all of the original games to work fully with it. I am sure they will in the coming months. And I think most users would pay the extra 5 bucks to get the Rumble, as the original Rumble Pack by Nintendo is $20 and doesn't work as well as the SuperCards’ version.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hardly any games other than first party utilize rumble.. Out of the what? Hundreds of DS games out now?

It's a pretty dumb idea to add it in when 99% of the time, you're not using it..

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
but if they didn't bother wasting valuable time thinking how to add rumble in and never put that vibrator into the cart, it'd be even cheaper..

Now it's on par with the EZ4Lite Compact where it should be another $5+ cheaper without the rumble

I don't see why the EZ4 compact (ds only) should be priced the same as any SC ??? The SC's are way superior for DS roms and homebrew than than the EZ4 ... I know because I own both, I mean there no such thing as an EZ4 card that is fast enough to pull the vania vid with any memory combination, and it has quite a handfull of non-running games and the ones that do a lot suffer from stuttering while loading in-game.

Stop hating SC on every one of you're posts, it's becoming really tiresome.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardly any games other than first party utilize rumble.. Out of the what? Hundreds of DS games out now?

It's a pretty dumb idea to add it in when 99% of the time, you're not using it..
Well, that is why the enabled it to be used in all games. I think the idea is great as many users complain now that they want to use a flashcart and a Rumble pack but can't. Well, this option is supercheap and allows the user to do both!

Lol, stop hating bud as if this feature was on the M3 you would be singing its praises!

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

PiNa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any info regarding SC Lite Rumble compatibility with homebrew?

I dont care about GBA support, but would like to run homebrew on my NDS.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't see why it wouldn't be exactly the same as other Supercards, obviously gba based homebrew won't work but all the newer ds based homebrew should work exactly the same.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Well, that is why the enabled it to be used in all games. I think the idea is great as many users complain now that they want to use a flashcart and a Rumble pack but can't. Well, this option is supercheap and allows the user to do both!

Lol, stop hating bud as if this feature was on the M3 you would be singing its praises!

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

I wouldn't care if rumble was added on any other cart, it's a stupid feature and almost everyone except you think it's a gimmick with the lack of support the DS is giving to it's games to support rumble..

And the enabling it for the games itself as indicated by Costello is a stupid feature.. Why would you want the pak to rumble when you press a button? Do you realize how dumb that is?

I think it's you who is a bit much in love with Supercard.. I couldn't care less if M3 or any other flashcart out there added rumble and/or Opera RAM (purely because the browser is limited to WEP and that sucks) and/or because I won't use it..

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I don't see why the EZ4 compact (ds only) should be priced the same as any SC ??? The SC's are way superior for DS roms and homebrew than than the EZ4 ... I know because I own both, I mean there no such thing as an EZ4 card that is fast enough to pull the vania vid with any memory combination, and it has quite a handfull of non-running games and the ones that do a lot suffer from stuttering while loading in-game.

Stop hating SC on every one of you're posts, it's becoming really tiresome.

Sorry but I'm just stating that without rumble it would be cheaper..

And stop saying I hate a product when I own and use it regularly.. That kind of accusation goes to people like Martin88 (EZ4 Lover) who just says stuff like "Oh so this doesn't work? Well it plays fine on my EZ4"

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

I wouldn't care if rumble was added on any other cart, it's a stupid feature and almost everyone except you think it's a gimmick with the lack of support the DS is giving to it's games to support rumble..

And the enabling it for the games itself as indicated by Costello is a stupid feature.. Why would you want the pak to rumble when you press a button? Do you realize how dumb that is?

I think it's you who is a bit much in love with Supercard.. I couldn't care less if M3 or any other flashcart out there added rumble and/or Opera RAM (purely because the browser is limited to WEP and that sucks) and/or because I won't use it..

actually maybe a shooter would benefit from a strong/medium rumble, say for a smart bomb ??

or using thrust in a flying game or a turbo boost in a racing game, a selected light rumble may be a nice little touch ??

anyway i think it's mostly a gimmick too, but the manufacturing cost for it must be pennies and you can choose not to use it, so hey whats the big problem ??

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, if they can get their Rumble line to work with actual store bought games and (slowly) release numerous patches over a length of time to enable smart rumbling in almost every game..

Now that would be worth it, but as of right now, it's not.. So in the future if that happens, my opinion will change..

Kinda like how I'm on the fence to get a DS-X (to see if they deliver on fast firmware changes)

EDIT: And oh, don't tell me smart rumble patches can't be done because I'm using ZSNESXbox with rumble support and it rumbles when my character loses energy among other things

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
So if I understand correctly, this new revision is interesting because its about $15 cheaper. That works for me.
But I assure you the rumble feature is really annoying (we have indeed got Metroid prime to work with the rumble) and not enjoyable at all.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand correctly, this new revision is interesting because its about $15 cheaper. That works for me.
But I assure you the rumble feature is really annoying (we have indeed got Metroid prime to work with the rumble) and not enjoyable at all.

You can adjust the Rumble to make it stronger or weaker in the patcher program. The Rumble is 1000x better than the orignal Rumble Pack and sice its so cheap to buy its worth the money.

They should have all of the games patched within the next few months.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/