Hacking Supercard Lite as GBA expansion for M3Real?

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just tried it on my M3 Real running the Sakura eng translation.

1. Plugged in my SC Lite without a SD card in it. Booted in DS mode. Sakura says "no GBA expansion detected". I selected a GBA rom and tried to run it any way. It loads for a while, then boots in GBA mode.... but then the SC Lite menu pops up asking for a SD card. FAIL!

2. Plugged in my SC Lite with a SD card in it. Same as the above, except this time it boots into the normal SC Lite menu in GBA mode. FAIL!

3. Plugged in my EZ Flash 3-in-1. Sakura still says "no GBA expansion detected". FAIL!

So basically, no. The M3 Real firmware only recognizes its own GBA ram pack.

May I ask why you want to run the SC Lite through the M3 Real?
The only conceivable reason I can think of is to run the internet browser. Though I haven't tried the browser with the m3 Real + SC Lite, I'm sure a patched version of the browser WILL detect the SC Lite ram. I used to do this with my old R4+SC Lite combo, and it worked fine.

If you think that loading GBA roms onto the SC Lite through the M3 Real loader will make them run any better, then I really don't think that will work. I recall that the SC Lite has problems running GBA roms because of the type of ram it uses, so there are bound to be slow downs no matter what loader you use.

Hope this helped.

roadbusta

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
bustyman100 said:
May I ask why you want to run the SC Lite through the M3 Real?
I was hoping that I could put clean GBA roms into my M3Real, and play them through the M3Real rather than have to patch the ROM specifically for the Supercard Lite.

Thank you both for your helpful responses.

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well if that is the case, I think it will be worth it to invest in the M3 Real Perfect bundle. If you already have a SC Lite, then you will be aware that it can't really run GBA games properly. I actually bought the SC Lite specifically for GBA games a couple of years ago (I already had a R4 at the time). Needless to say I was gravely disappointed when I loaded up Super Mario World and it dropped down to 2 FPS when I chucked that shell at that row of turtles on the first stage.
hate2.gif

EZ Flash 3-in-1 is great to use if you just want bare bones GBA support. But the compound cost with a slot-1 card makes it quite pricey.

The GBA expansion cart with the M3 Real supports Real Time Save, which made it my portable GBA system of choice. It was the only reason I managed to beat Metroid Fusion in under 2 hours on my first go. In the end, seeing Samus in her skimpy outfit probably wasn't worth all that loading and saving... Yes I'm a perv.

Now I emulate GBA games on my PSP
unsure.gif
. The giant screen and no freaking black border had me sold. But there are still some sprite tears here and there... Sigh, the bottom line seems to be that no portable system can do GBA games quite like the GBA itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: