MuzzMooSki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Peeps,

Fresh meat reporting for duty :D

I'm torn between getting a Sky3DS or waiting for the Supercard. But I know just like everyone nobody knows if / when it will even be released.

I fancy a flash cart as our DSTwo has served us well on our 9.2 3DS but don't need the features and complications of the Gateway.

Knowing my luck:

If I buy the Sky it will turn out to be an expensive paperweight or limited future proofing.

If I wait for the DSTwo+ it will be delayed / cancelled and I will regret not buying a Sky :D

Decisions - Decisions :)

Happy Gaming!

Dave

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
dstwo+ was already cited as requiring 4.x (although that will probably change as they figure out how to use gateway 9.2 exploit)....but regardless , it pretty clear they will be making a gateway-esque card, so will have all the same "complications" as gateway i.e emunand and all that stuff....for simplicity sky3ds and its re-brands will likely be your only choice

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say stick with Gateway for now since Supercard doesn't actually have anything at the moment, and chances are they will have very little to bring to the table (although I hope I'm proven wrong because Supercard is a great company). If you have 9.2 or below I'd avoid sky3DS since it has no future proofing, unless they go the MT card path and completely redo their card model and somehow come out with a way to repatch their FPGa (although it's more likely for them to just release another card like they did before...).

MuzzMooSki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Folks,

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread. I appreciate your advice it's great to be able to seek help from those in the know so thanks again :)

I think as you and I'm sure most of this forum feel I will just get a Gateway as it doesn't seem that complicated and its more future proof than the Sky. The old DSTwo we have was great in that regards :)

Just need to order one in the UK and that's me all set :)

Thanks again.

Happy gaming,

Dave

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway is not complicated, people make it out to be.

It has more optional features, which people confuse with more complicated, more features is actually good.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its 4.x only, they can downgrade:D
Not a N3DSL most likely.

What is this card supposed to have on Gateway anyway? Ability to play 3+'year old games without switching cards? Not a feature in my book that would cause me to delay purchading decision on, though I am sure it is for some.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a DSTWO and a GW. And I play GB, GBC, GBA (and various non-Nintendo) games on various hardware. But if I had to choose now, I'd order a Gateway today. This allows you to start collecting emuNANDs, starting with v9.4.0. It always takes some time when a new FW comes out to get support and during that time new purchasers are stuck with whatever FW is on their 3DS or they can downgrade to.

When the DSTWO+ is released, you can always sell the GW (or sell old 3DS + GW + EmuNANDs and get a N3DS with DSTWO+)

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a N3DSL most likely.

What isn't his card supposed to have on Gateway anyway? Ability to play 3+'year old games without switching cards? Not a feature in my book that would cause me to delay purchading decision on, though I am sure it is for some.

I keep forgetting I am on n3ds now :wacko: what sweet. sweet. white:P

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would expect new firmware around the new 3dsxl launch to early march. Nintendo has always been quite to block exploits so If sky3ds isn't blocked then its fair to say it probably wont be.

MuzzMooSki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Peeps,

Many thanks for the advice - It's a lot to absorb being new to the scene but I certainly appreciate it.

I'm pondering about buying another SD then I can keep my old SD with my eshop game and save data and set up emunand on the new SD.

That way I could get the best of both worlds.

Just need to place an order - Am in UK so thinking New3dsworld.

Getting excited now :D

Thanks again,

Dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr