Supercard Dstwo update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SirGray, Jan 16, 2012.

Jan 16, 2012

Supercard Dstwo update? by SirGray at 3:47 PM (853 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. SirGray
    OP

Member SirGray GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey got a red 3ds recently and my R4 obviously doesn't work on it. I am tempted to get the SuperCard Dstwo but my 3ds is fully updated. Is it possible to update the Dstwo with a Phat ds? or does it have to be a dsi?

Also how fluid is the emulation on the dstwo? I've heard that it can be choppy/laggy.

2. steve1974

Newcomer steve1974 Advanced Member

Canada
    The dstwo is the best card one can possibly get for the 3ds/ds/dsi ect. No clue what you mean about the emulation being choppy, its better then anything else available. Not sure about the ds phat but id asume it would work fine for updating

3. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Ofcourse it's possible to update a DSTwo with a DSPhat.

Just put the update in the root of the microSD and boot the card.

Emulation is pretty good for a Slot-1 card.
    For SNES use CATSFC and for GBA use the official GBA emulator version 1.2 iirc.

4. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    1.21 Dinoh :)

1 person likes this.
  5. CrispyYoshi

Member CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes, you should get a DSTWO. It's currently the best DS-flashcart out there right now, and the most recent 3DS/DSi update still runs the flashcart... if you update it manually via another DS (Like the phat, yes. It's a pretty tricky process if you don't know what you're doing, but this forum and the DSTWO forum can help you with that.)

The DS games are emulated almost perfectly, with the occasional bug that gets fixed within an update or two. The GBA games never run at a perfect framerate if you have sound enabled, but it's usually close enough for the average gamer (specifically, frameskip is always at 2). The SNES emulator is far from perfect, but it can run some games SNemulDS normally can't. Keep in mind that all of these things can be fixed with a simple update, whenever that happens.