supercard dstwo plus or other cards

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by technomooney, Jan 20, 2016.

1. technomooney
    OP

technomooney Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2011
    United States
    Minneapolis, Minnesoda
    i want to buy a card and be able to use it for my n3ds for backups and custom rom runnings plus running my old backups and new backups.... the only problem is i dont want my system to become a paperweight .... so i am asking on here what is the best card to buy for a n3ds system running the 10.3.0 firmware (if any)

id like to have the supercard dstwo+ but i am not sure that the bricking bug is fixed yet...

2. 3DSPoet

3DSPoet GBAtemp Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    I bricked my 2DS using GW 3.6 using DSTwo+ card. Apparently, the 3.41 is safe to use with it (and I had no issues with 3.51), but you won't be able to update to latest emunand 10.3-10.4 with it without risking a brick.

You're really better off (in my opinion) forgoing a flash card altogether and using ReiNand or RXTools and just run off cia files of your games. That or go with a Sky3DS card, but you can't run custom stuff on that.

Svaethier likes this.
  3. Reitel

Reitel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Mexico
    Mexico City, Mexico
    If you are talking about 3ds roms only the Sky3ds family works natively on 10.3

There is a way to downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 however, but isn't 100% safe https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/
    But even then the dstwo+ Is not the best way to play 3ds roms. The brick code hasn't been bypassed yet so their support is outdated

A cheaper (and arguably a better) way would be downgrade to 9.2 an use a free custom firmware line the RxTools