Hacking SuperCard DSTWO+ On 3DS Need Help!

TheRomGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I Got My Supercard DSTWO Plus Flashcart Today Everything Works Fine Except The Gateway Plugin Part (It Installs And I Followed The Step Correctly Copied The _dstwo & __dstwoplug Along With A 3DS Rom For Testing To The Root Of The SD Card. Waited For Gateway To Install The Hack & Rebooted The 3DS. But When I Go To Settings>Other Settings>Profile>Nintendo DS Profile) It Should Load Up The Gateway Logo But Instead I Get The Normal Nintendo Screen Popup.

Maybe I Missed A Step, Didn`t Copy The Right Files, Or Something. Can Someone With A SuperCard DSTWO+ Help Me Get It Working.

I Have A 3DS XL Running Firmware Ver. 9.2.0-20U (Supports Ver. 4.x - 9.2 Correct ?)

I Also Got A 126GB Micro SD (Formatted From exFat to Fat32, Maybe This Could Be A Problem ? IDK)

*Side-note* I Installed A CFW (rxTools) But I Removed The SD Card From The Side Slot Before Ever Putting In The DSTWO+ (Maybe I Just Need To Reformat The 3DS XL & Try Again ?)

Any Help Is Appreciated, Thank You :rolleyes:

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, if you launch the Nintendo DS profile and it doesn't crash into the Gateway boot screen. Did you copy the launcher.dat from Gateway's site onto the SD card of your 3DS? Supercard only provide their own plugins for download on their site. They tap onto Gateway for playing 3DS roms. So you will need those Gateway files to run.
Another alternative of installing the exploit is to also use the NDS file provided by Gateway to install it. See how it goes.

TheRomGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, if you launch the Nintendo DS profile and it doesn't crash into the Gateway boot screen. Did you copy the launcher.dat from Gateway's site onto the SD card of your 3DS? Supercard only provide their own plugins for download on their site. They tap onto Gateway for playing 3DS roms. So you will need those Gateway files to run.
Another alternative of installing the exploit is to also use the NDS file provided by Gateway to install it. See how it goes.

Yea I Copied The Launcher.dat File From Gateway Ultra 3.4.1 (Ill Try The GW_Installer.nds Method) And Report Back

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey wait, sorry. Now i re-read again your post. You are on 3DS with ver 9.2? The Profile exploit only works on 3DS with ver 4.5 firmware, or an N3DS on ver 9.0 to 9.2, but downgraded System settings to the 4.5 version.

To run 3DS XL on 9.2 You will need to use the web browser exploit

TheRomGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey wait, sorry. Now i re-read again your post. You are on 3DS with ver 9.2? The Profile exploit only works on 3DS with ver 4.5 firmware, or an N3DS on ver 9.0 to 9.2, but downgraded System settings to the 4.5 version.

To run 3DS XL on 9.2 You will need to use the web browser exploit

How Would I Do That ? I Mean Does The DSTWO+ Gateway Plugin Work For My Console & I Just Need To Run The Exploit From The Browser Instead Of Profile Method

TheRomGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Visit go.gateway-3ds.com in your browser.

I Repeated The Steps Over Again & Went To The Site Mentioned But I Get "Failed To Load Items On This Page" Then "An Error Has Occurred" Message :wacko: Im So Confused. I Ran A rxTools CFW Thru The Browser Before It Worked & I Was Able To Install .Cia Files On The EmuNAND.

(Im Just Trying To Play .3DS Roms Using The DSTWO+ Cartridge:blink:)

Could Someone Provide A Noob Friendly Step By Step Tutorial On How To Set It Up & What Exact Files On Need On The SD Card (Sorry For Being Difficult :sad:)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOu need to stop doing multiple things at once. Why are you trying to load GW and install rxtools. Get one thing going first before jumping to the next.

Since you stuck a new sd card in the system has it been formated properly? Do you have the launder.dat in the root dir?

TheRomGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOu need to stop doing multiple things at once. Why are you trying to load GW and install rxtools. Get one thing going first before jumping to the next.

Since you stuck a new sd card in the system has it been formated properly? Do you have the launder.dat in the root dir?

Yes & Yes But Im Willing To Format Everything And Start From Scratch To Fix The Problem

TheRomGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Got Gateway To Work And Load 3DS Roms From EmuNAND:gba: (Dont Ask Me How I Dont Know I Tried Everything From Formatting System To Praying To The Sun God :bow:)

Another Question I Wanna Ask Is If There`s A Way To Get The DSTWO+ To Read exFAT Format Micro SD Card ? Cuz I Cant Copy Roms That Are 4GB Large On Fat32
Or Do I Just Try And Trim The Rom File To Make It Fit

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im no expert, I just got my supercard yesterday but I believe that on the website it says you cant use exfat with 3ds roms because its too slow. I dont know if I am giving you shit advice or if its been tried and failed but gateway has rom splitter software on the latest gateway download. Have you tried it?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Got Gateway To Work And Load 3DS Roms From EmuNAND:gba: (Dont Ask Me How I Dont Know I Tried Everything From Formatting System To Praying To The Sun God :bow:)

Another Question I Wanna Ask Is If There`s A Way To Get The DSTWO+ To Read exFAT Format Micro SD Card ? Cuz I Cant Copy Roms That Are 4GB Large On Fat32
Or Do I Just Try And Trim The Rom File To Make It Fit

I don't think anyone really needs to know, its just user error. You can hit up there support email on how to get that to work with exFAT, they must have not thought about that or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...