SuperCard DSTWO / GodMode9 question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jared96, May 21, 2017.

1. Jared96
    OP

Jared96 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    So i was exploring the different options in GodMod9 when i had my DSTWO inserted and i selected the gamecart option. when i clicked it, it shows two files: ALEX RIDER_ALXX78_00.nds and ALEX RIDER_ALXX78_00.trim.nds.
    in theory, if those are the files that mandate which game icon gets shown when the cart is inserted, can you change which game you want shown, or even customize with new banners inside that NDS file?
    or will there be complications if that is a specially coded ROM?

Just throwing out a theory and maybe someone better suited can explain more, or even attempt this?

2. skullkeeper94

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    I tried looking at my DSTWO earlier but got a blank nothingness.

But to answer your question, I think the card is made to show that, like how the (R4?) Showed two games, one for a correct install, and one for incorrect.

3. Jared96
    OP

Jared96 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    if thats the file that shows the banners, is there a program that can easily view and edit that information? willing to try myself, don't think i can much up.

4. skullkeeper94

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    You could copy it over and use a room editing tool, but I don't know what could go wrong.

5. Jared96
    OP

Jared96 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    I dumped the two files and then edited the banner and title for each, but with GodMode9, it says i can't write back to the cart. was a short lived idea i guess haha

6. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    in theory you will just brick your dstwo card by messing with its bootloader. Its not a ds game, it just emulates it.

skullkeeper94 likes this.