Supercard DSTWO Error Message update still working?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Arizato, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Arizato
    OP

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    So I made the idiotic error of updating my 3DS to 7.0.0-13 without updating my Supercard first. I have a friend who has a DSLite but I won't see him until new years so I have to wait quite a while before I can update my Supercard.

However I read up that you can update your DSTWO if you download the latest firmware update, rename it from "dstwoupdate.dat" to "dstwoupdateb.dat", put on the root of your SD card and launched your Supercard on your 3DS waiting for the Error screen to pop up and leave it like that for 3-5 minutes. I tried this and it did nothing. Was this patched in a 3DS firmware update or something?

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    it should work
    make sure the EOS is up to date also

and you MUST! delete the file off before powering it back on after
    otherwise it will just flash it again
    and if you power off to soon you risk bricking the card
    its best wait 10mins

3. Arizato
    OP

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    Well, shit. Might've bricked it then. Still get the Alex Rider icon, but I waited 10 minutes this time and it made no difference, still getting the error message. Waited a little over 5 minutes the first time.

4. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Did you delete the file before switching back on?

5. Arizato
    OP

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    Yup! Deleted it both times before trying.

6. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    maybe obviouse, but did you put the file on the micro sd cards which goes into your supercard or on the 3ds sd card? updateb.dat needs to be on the microsd card

7. Arizato
    OP

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    I am an idiot once again. Removed "ds2boot.dat" this time and tried. It worked wonders. I guess it has a priority bootlist where it loads "ds2boot.dat" before "dstwoupdateb.dat"?