Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Will it have a CPU?
2. Will the CPU be faster than the DS2?
3. Will it support 3DS homebrew?

The main reason I bought a DSTwo was to emulate the games Nintendo refused to sell (NES, GB, GBA, SNES, Genesis, GG). The SNES on the DS leaves a lot to be desired, but the 3DS should have the cajones to handle it, even without a coprocessor.

Hell no for the CPU shit. Look at how bad the build quality is for the DSTWO. With a CPU it will just drain more battery from the 3DS even in sleep mode, gets hot and causing contact issues because of the size while getting its shell heavily scratched. And you are just too young to have a chance to buy those games when they are in production from Nintendo. You can still technically buy it from sites like ebay but the question is that are you even willing to spend for them lol when can easily pirate them like what you do now.

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hell no for the CPU shit. Look at how bad the build quality is for the DSTWO. With a CPU it will just drain more battery from the 3DS even in sleep mode, gets hot and causing contact issues because of the size while getting its shell heavily scratched. And you are just too young to have a chance to buy those games when they are in production from Nintendo. You can still technically buy it from sites like ebay but the question is that are you even willing to spend for them lol when can easily pirate them like what you do now.

Ill wait for the forum to handle you... (grabs popcorn)

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now lets see who is faster: GW with their update or SuperCard with their release :3

im betting on supercard, despite putting my money on GW already >_<

Reactions: Margen67

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol at those bashing DSTWO for the sake of bashing them because it's not Gateway XD I smell embitterment.

You know what is the meaning of facts and flaws. The features are nice but there is the badly built shell. The DSTWO+ could be an insta-buy if it have distinctive features like what the DSTWO does in the past, of course, will be much nicer when its build quality is on par or better than Gateway, especially for its usual hefty price tag. People do 'bash' iPhone as overpriced crap but there is not any flawless android device either compared to iPhone.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LOL, okay.

Just FYI, Nintendo's first handheld was released around the time I started Kindergarten. I never owned any handheld game systems growing up and there are some good games that I missed out on that I would like to play.

I am more than happy enough to buy them from the eShope when they are available (like I have with the GBC and NES Zeldas and Metroids), but there are a lot of older titles (including all the SNES and GBA games) that are not available from Nintendo. The DSTwo was the only way for me to play games like Mother 3 and Minish Cap and many of the other quality portable titles I missed while growing up.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol at those bashing DSTWO for the sake of bashing them because it's not Gateway XD I smell embitterment.
Damn I'm so bitter that I can play all these free games right now.

Just a bit ridiculous for the main complaint directed at Gateway to be the wait, when people are clearly ready to wait for an undefined amount of time for a different flash cart that has yet to even be released. The 3DS scene has been rife with promises, but only one cart has actually delivered from the beginning. Until my Gateway stops playing every game available for the 3DS, there's no reason for me to spend more money on something else or even consider it.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I'm so bitter that I can play all these free games right now.

Just a bit ridiculous for the main complaint directed at Gateway to be the wait, when people are clearly ready to wait for an undefined amount of time for a different flash cart that has yet to even be released. The 3DS scene has been rife with promises, but only one cart has actually delivered from the beginning. Until my Gateway stops playing every game available for the 3DS, there's no reason for me to spend more money on something else or even consider it.

Funny, I always thought that the main complaints directed at Gateway were:

1) It exists solely for the purpose of pirating games that are still being manufactured (no home-brew, no emulators, nothing but brand new 3DS games).

2) Gateway intentionally bricked people's consoles, including their own users.

Reactions: Margen67

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess there is nobody here left that remembers that the supercard team promised a video player but took over a year to release it and that it was pretty much shit when they did release it, they also took quite awhile to release the snes emulator plugin too, say what you will about waitway but they have actually delivered quite promptly compared to supercard team and GW updates always work as promised and the dstwo video player certainly did not live up to the hype
yeah they have always been prompt with compatibility updates for fw but so has GW been with emunand and GW has a better game compatibility track record as well
supercard is also a chinese team ,GW is not(they are probably french)

despite what people say i think GW's reputation has surpassed supercard teams

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't see anyone actually bashing them? O___o

If anything, I just see people giving shit to GW as if it were the love child of Satan and ebola or something :\

Costello: Any chance of GBATemp edition DS2+? :tpi:

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Maybe it's called dstwo+ for the same reason dsonei was called what it was, it's just an updated version to work better?
Hopefully it will exploit 3ds though, get gateway off their high horse for a bit.

D

Deleted User

This is great news.
Personally I can't wait till Gateway releases an official statement saying that the Supercard team are actually a Chinese Mafia members and why we shouldn't support them.

"They pay cheap Chinese employees to make fake post claiming their Gateway broke their console."
"But the clone team is a very organized mafia which uses dozens of fake Gateway users to pretend their problem are theirs."
- Gateway while the bricking fiasco was happening

Reactions: Deleted User

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The thing with Supercard is that they are old vets in the DS scene, Gateway is merely a new entrant. Obviously when the Supercard releases, their avid fans will sell Gateway and jump into the Supercard world once again, it's about customer loyalty, I'm sure many would go crazy when an Acekard for 3DS comes into the fray too.

Will I buy this card or any for the 3DS? No, it seems that I value free games much less than ones I've actually bought myself, so far every game that I've gotten on the 3DS I've completed it. When I had a Flashcart for the DS I rarely finished the games. Guess purchases do affect your game time....atleast to me.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, there we go again...

Everyone that is planning to preorder this (where did i hear that before :P) , you never learn do you, you are just goning to end up complaining again when the card and/or the software it runs on is going to be delayed.

Why not simply wait until it actually comes out. problem solved.
You probably have many reasons not to agree with me but personally i never had any trouble getting stuff when it got out and have been enjoying it to the fullest.

Meh, it must be the consumers world we live in...

Anyway, i got lots of expectations for this new card, i own a DSTWO myself and am still very happy with it, it still has great support.
Lets hope it can do at least as much as the gateway and the sky3ds card combined...

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe gateway was active in the ds scene already, just under another name with a not-so-good-reputation... who knows :P

í´ve high expectations for the supercard, as soon as there will be a releasedate i´ll get one.. i´m not sure yet, if i´ll keep my (at the moment useless) gateway for emergency cases (if it works by then) or if i´ll sell it by then
i don´t think supercard will make the same mistakes like gateway (or so do i hope)

but everyone who hasn´t a flashcard yet, should better wait for their announcement.. i think it will support 9.2

edit: good morning :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe