Hacking Supercard DSONEi FAQ

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having trouble with dsonei eos getting real game guide to work...
hate2.gif
i copied text from webpage, saved with notepad, put in book subfolder of the shell folder..... does the filename have to be identical to the full rom name or just the number, or need be word pad instead of note pad... can anyone post a step by step in plain english so i can be a happy camper
yaynds.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you want to put the guide in the book folder it has to have the number of the ROM as the filename; if you want to put the guide in the same folder as the ROM you must give it the same filename as the ROM. You can't put the guide in any other folder than the book folder or the folder of your ROM.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats all right... thanks for the help... i couldnt get it working in the book folder with the number, maybe its because the rom filename has number, -, and game name... i dont know, but i copied the exact filename, pasted it as the text file name (minus the .nds part) and put in the same folder as all my nds roms and its working fine.

thanks again for the help.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
nice thread, buts its funny how this section has become so alive. year ago when I brought my DSonei, I think four people owned a DSonei on temp and this section was dead. im so happy i did now.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Haha, thanks!
smile.gif
I think I am one of, if not THE first to bring some life in this section again. And that's actually all because of danny600kill, who wanted a Wiki Staff. That got me interested in Wikis, and one of the first things I made was a DSONEi wiki
biggrin.gif
A while later, I thought I'd post it here too, and that got some people interested, I think.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Overlord Nadrian said:
Haha, thanks!
smile.gif
I think I am one of, if not THE first to bring some life in this section again. And that's actually all because of danny600kill, who wanted a Wiki Staff. That got me interested in Wikis, and one of the first things I made was a DSONEi wiki
biggrin.gif
A while later, I thought I'd post it here too, and that got some people interested, I think.

lool, times have changed some much, alomst a year now, im enjoying my DSonei and going to the gym.

http://gbatemp.net/t163602-which-carts-the...need-a-cart-now

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm on EOS (SP3) right now, but the in-game menu isn't working for me with any game. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, is there a way to make it directly boot into the "games" folder on the Micro SD?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you sure you haven't set a certain button combination and are pushing the wrong buttons? It's somewhere in your settings, take a look at it.

As for booting directly to the Games folder, I wouldn't know how to do that, but I will have a look at the files to see if it has some sort of way to do that.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of hombrew apps are for dsonei?

I just will be bored until I get my dstwo, and I was wondering what, if anything, worked well on dsonei? I have the supercard rumble pack as well, if anything fun works on there.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jakeyjake said:
What kind of hombrew apps are for dsonei?

I just will be bored until I get my dstwo, and I was wondering what, if anything, worked well on dsonei? I have the supercard rumble pack as well, if anything fun works on there.QUOTE(Overlord Nadrian @ May 4 2010, 09:33 PM) Homebrew compatibility

The DSonei's homebrew compatibility is excellent, almost every homebrew works, whether its filesize is small or large.
Actually reading the FAQ should have solved your problem.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm in a little pinch here. I'm volunteering for judging on the homebrew bounty contest but I'm running into some serious troubles with DSone SDHC I'm using here. You write that The DSonei's homebrew compatibility is excellent, almost every homebrew works, whether its filesize is small or large. but out of the 26 given to test barely 3 ran on my DSone SDHC at all and the rest just failed. I tried anything including EOS, old OS, HBmenu and Menudo but nothing works. Any ideas what else could be done to get them working? In general trying to run a homebrew ends up with a white or black screen doing nothing at all.

EDIT: In general most of the homebrew in the contest show up here as "?_?" in the EOS while those which work show an actual icon.

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
I'm in a little pinch here. I'm volunteering for judging on the homebrew bounty contest but I'm running into some serious troubles with DSone SDHC I'm using here. You write that The DSonei's homebrew compatibility is excellent, almost every homebrew works, whether its filesize is small or large. but out of the 26 given to test barely 3 ran on my DSone SDHC at all and the rest just failed. I tried anything including EOS, old OS, HBmenu and Menudo but nothing works. Any ideas what else could be done to get them working? In general trying to run a homebrew ends up with a white or black screen doing nothing at all.

EDIT: In general most of the homebrew in the contest show up here as "?_?" in the EOS while those which work show an actual icon.
It was excellent at the time of writing (last edit was June 12th, 2010). :)

Regardless, you could try formatting your SD card with the SDFormatter, that tends to fix a great many flashcard problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs