malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だよ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello!

I bought a DSone off AliExpress and it seems to load EOS just fine. However I have massive save issues with it.
I am trying to play Pokemon Black 2/HG with the save I created on a Ace 3DS (from AliExpress as well) and the DSone simply won't read/write them correctly.
Sometimes I get either a blackscreen after selecting the save in-game, gives me a error message saying that the save is corrupted or cannot be saved to.
I tried playing them on DeSmume and the saves work just fine without issues. I have also tried exporting the saves from DeSmume and used them directly on the card, still nothing.
The µSD I am using is a SanDisk 32GB formatted with FAT32 and 32KB cluster size.

Any help is appreciated!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I bought a DSone off AliExpress and it seems to load EOS just fine. However I have massive save issues with it.
I am trying to play Pokemon Black 2/HG with the save I created on a Ace 3DS (from AliExpress as well) and the DSone simply won't read/write them correctly.
Sometimes I get either a blackscreen after selecting the save in-game, gives me a error message saying that the save is corrupted or cannot be saved to.
I tried playing them on DeSmume and the saves work just fine without issues. I have also tried exporting the saves from DeSmume and used them directly on the card, still nothing.
The µSD I am using is a SanDisk 32GB formatted with FAT32 and 32KB cluster size.

Any help is appreciated!
These crappy clones have a faulty PSRAM chip. You could perhaps swap the kernel with YSMenu or TWLMenu++.

malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だよ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
These crappy clones have a faulty PSRAM chip. You could perhaps swap the kernel with YSMenu or TWLMenu++.
The save problem only happens on Pokémon games. On other games not somehow.
TWLmenu++ has issues with Pokémon HG via nds-bootstrap, that's why I am avoiding it. Maybe I will try YSmenu for now.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save problem only happens on Pokémon games. On other games not somehow.
TWLmenu++ has issues with Pokémon HG via nds-bootstrap, that's why I am avoiding it. Maybe I will try YSmenu for now.
For TWLMenu++, you don't need to use nds-bootstrap to run HGSS. You can change the "Game Loader" setting to "Kernel" in order to use YSMenu.

malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だよ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
For TWLMenu++, you don't need to use nds-bootstrap to run HGSS. You can change the "Game Loader" setting to "Kernel" in order to use YSMenu.

@RocketRobz

How exactly can I use the kernel? I found and placed the files for YSmenu for the DSone but which files should I actually need to use as a kernel for TWLmenu++? I set it to kernel but I get a "Start failed. Error 1" message when launching a game.

This is the µSD card's root directory:

TTMenu.dat and SCFW.SC have been replaced by the flashcard's loader files from the TWLmenu archive.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 135750.png

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz

How exactly can I use the kernel? I found and placed the files for YSmenu for the DSone but which files should I actually need to use as a kernel for TWLmenu++? I set it to kernel but I get a "Start failed. Error 1" message when launching a game.

This is the µSD card's root directory:

TTMenu.dat and SCFW.SC have been replaced by the flashcard's loader files from the TWLmenu archive.

View attachment 418171
Copy "TTMenu.dat" and rename the copy to "YSMenu.nds".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER