SuperCard DS One v3 Review

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Toni Plutonij said:
All in all, there's a good reason why most of flashcarts don't have that "teeth"..
Most flashcarts do have the teeth.

M3 Real is one of the few exceptions.

Actually, that's not true at all. I have nine flashcarts (all purchased within the past 3 months) and only my DSTT, EDGE, and CycloDS have teeth. My SCDS1 doesn't have teeth (it's an SCOS1 version purchased from DX), either.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sk3tch said:
Actually, that's not true at all. I have nine flashcarts (all purchased within the past 3 months) and only my DSTT, EDGE, and CycloDS have teeth. My SCDS1 doesn't have teeth (it's an SCOS1 version purchased from DX), either.

Are your sure you don't have one of those fake Supercards? I have 3 SCDS1. 2 originals and one of these SDHC versions and all have the "teeth".
unsure.gif

ZzzZilla

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
JPH, is there supposed to be a list of games tested under the "Download Play" section?

I was hoping for some tests using SDHC cards, which some people seem to have. Kinda hard to confirm seeing as SDHC is still far too pricey.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
sk3tch said:

Are your sure you don't have one of those fake Supercards? I have 3 SCDS1. 2 originals and one of these SDHC versions and all have the "teeth".
unsure.gif

The SCOS1 revisions are not fake. It was purchased from DealExtreme as well, they don't sell fakes.

ben_not_benny

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the review, I'll get one of these when I go to China this summer.

EDIT: Can someone explain the physical difference (i.e packaging) between v3 and previous versions? I don't want to purchase the wrong card. Thanks!

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ZzzZilla said:
JPH, is there supposed to be a list of games tested under the "Download Play" section?

I was hoping for some tests using SDHC cards, which some people seem to have. Kinda hard to confirm seeing as SDHC is still far too pricey.

You'll notice in the Performace section, go to ROM compatibility and you'll see at the end of some games 'Download play works fine'.
wink.gif

I'm an amateur reviewer, so I've not got much experience. Just like you all to know I'll be adding the Real Time Guide feature to the Additional Features list soon.
If there is something you would like me to change or add - PM me. I'd like it if you guys didn't clutter up the thread with it.
happy.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ben_not_benny said:

EDIT: Can someone explain the physical difference (i.e packaging) between v3 and previous versions? I don't want to purchase the wrong card. Thanks!
The only difference between the Scds1 v3 (Sdhc) and the earlier ones is that v3 has Sdhc-support.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
ben_not_benny said:

The only difference between the Scds1 v3 (Sdhc) and the earlier ones is that v3 has Sdhc-support.
the sdhc version is the only version that can run the 3 different menus also right? i think i heard some people that owned the older version say that they can't run ysmenu and the dstt one.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Enter260 said:
Minox_IX said:
ben_not_benny said:

the sdhc version is the only version that can run the 3 different menus also right? i think i heard some people that owned the older version say that they can't run ysmenu and the dstt one.
That's right. Only the V3 can do that.

Also, nice review, JPH.

I think i've covered more of the cart and it's features, but you're has more detailed instructions, and pictures.

Excellent work!

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
754boy said:
sk3tch said:

unsure.gif

My supercard doesn't have teeth and its an OSONE. But the OSONE isn't fake. There is a thread on it somehwere. If i remember correctly it's a version made so that it looks less like a flashcart or something like that.

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Doggy124 said:
George290506 said:

-its team do Not release a new cart every time they want to add a new feature!
bow.gif

Well...what about SCDS & SCDS(SDHC)

Anyway...It's good cart
yaynds.gif

But there were no carts those period that supported SDHC. All the machines accepted the old SD cards have NOT been upgrade to accept the new SDHC (do you no any?); so this is more difficult to products like carts. So it was something that they should did and they did release a new one.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
QUOTE said:
Or in the case of the DSTT, prevents any contact unless you shave it down.

..or that..

All in all, there's a good reason why most of flashcarts don't have that "teeth"..
Those teeth in combination with big chip that protrude under the label makes bad "compatibility" with some of the new Lites, making it unreadable, so people have to find solution for those problems by placing paper in the cart casing, or stick it on the other side of those metal clips..
All I do is pull out the cart, lick the teeth (yes) and voila! it works!

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought this card a few weeks ago form dealxtreme and its the best purchase iv ever made for my ds!

I had before this the R4 / DSlinker / Supercard lite (i still own) and have to say the supercard SCHC is far superior to all of them.

As said in the review the os is a little sluggish but once you get used to that its fine and besides as said above v3 runs other os's from other cards such as TTDS and that loads quickly and actually makes some homebrew work that didn't on the SC os!

Hey for $28.40 / £16 its the best card on the market, the cyclone only has one extra feature to this card which i believe is slow motion but costs quite a bit more to purchase.

Yep the best card on the market with great support and every feature you will ever need with space for new options to be added in future.

10/10

paul

EDIT: forgot to say its that good that i bought my daughter and sister in law one too...
ps: nice review

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZzzZilla said:
Hardly. You can get a 4GB Class 6 SDHC card for about 20USD standard now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-