1. viper3344

OP viper3344 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am making some super XCI's for my backups. Everything is working PERFECTLY except for 2 that when updated with everything exceed 32gb. They just dont mount on SXOS and give the mounting error.

Is this because original carts aren't bigger than 32gb? Is there anyway to mount an XCI that is bigger than 32gb on SXos?

Thanks!

2. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Planeptunes Male CPU

Germany
  3. MaximumXPOWER

MaximumXPOWER Member
    Newcomer

United States
    At this time carts can't be bigger than 32gb. This won't work until the switch is updated to support 64gig carts.

mathew77 likes this.
  4. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You have to install the NSP update and then run the smaller XCI. Then when you launch the XCI it is smart enough to merge the 2 at run time so the games run properly.

5. viper3344

United States
    Yeah I get all that and I can get it to work by installing the NSP and mount the trimmed XCI, I just want to create a single XCI with EVERYTHING on there. Currently the game and all its updates (and yes the base XCI has already been trimmed) comes out at 33GB... So I have a 33gb XCI that wont mount.

I am assuming that even though SXOS can mount XCI's it cant mount XCI's over 32GB?

6. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

A user answered before, the switch itself cannot handle more than 32gb on a cart, because they do not exist atm

7. viper3344

United States
    Gotcha. Looks like it will be an NSP convert for me. Just wondering if its anything SXos could patch at a later date even if the console doesnt support it?

8. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Planeptunes Male CPU

Germany
    no sxos cant patch that only nintendo can add support to that (if 64gb gamecards com out ofc) not earlier
    (atleast its what i think but more experienced people here can tell ya)

9. Jayinem81

Jayinem81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I tried XCI Trimmer on Mortal Kombat 11 base + Aftermath + Update/DLC which is like 32 gb, it says "The XCI file size alread correponds to the actual data size" So I assume that means it can't be trimmed?

It sucks because the base game is only like 6 gb the update is 25, and you can't just install base game and make update an XCI that doesn't work. So you have to eat 25 gb on your sd card for it to work.

Last edited by Jayinem81, Jun 30, 2020
  10. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeahs its primarily MK11 and The Witcher 3 that are too big for Superxci usage

11. viper3344

United States
    BINGO - Witcher 3 and MK11 with all updates break 32GB. Every other game is under 32GB thus far :)

12. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    The difference is that Witcher 3, the update is smaller than the base game, MK11 on the opposite is 25gb only for the update...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - bigger, Super,