I_Got_Wii'D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
When I first got SSBB it worked 100% fine all the time. Tho now for some reason I can't get it to work to save my life. I put the disc in and after about 15 seconds it gives me the error message about unrecognized disc format (or some crap).

Yes, this is A legit store bought copy of the game.

Is there anything I can do to get it to work again? (All my other games play just fine still, only this one gives me an error). There are no scratches or anything at all on the disc (I have cleaned it like 100 times) and yet it still wont play.

If anyone could shed some light on this for me I would be very greatful.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You smoke?
If so,you should send your Wii to Nintendo to clean your lens.
When you have a dirty lens, the Wii won't be able to read dual-layer dvd's (like SSBB)

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Isn't there a lens cleaning kit made by Nintendo that you can buy?
I swear there was one
unsure.gif

Cynder-Waluigi_K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, seriously, the only thing that would be wrong is the disk... just clean the disk... your wii doesnt need to be cleaned, unless multiple games haven't been working

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSBB is the only dual layer disc for the Wii, that's why it's had problems reading it. I used to have this problem all the time, where I would have to eject and reinsert it many times before the game would work, sometimes doing this for a half hour before the game would load. Then I got a Wiikey, and surprisingly, that fixed the problem with my retail version of SSBB, it reads perfectly every time now. So if you can afford a Wiikey (I spent about $30 US to get one pre-soldered on a Wiiclip), and love Smash, I suggest you do that to fix your problems.

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I sometime have this error when I first on my Wii. I have this error on Wii Sport, Wii Music ... almost every single disc when I first on my Wii console. But after awhile, it work again.

Shichibukai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I need some help and i can't find it so i'm posting.

I burned and and downloaded it all correctly. It all goes well until in Subspace i keep geting the same video (in PAL) is there a Fix that i missed, so the videos play correctly?

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shichibukai said:
I need some help and i can't find it so i'm posting.

I burned and and downloaded it all correctly. It all goes well until in Subspace i keep geting the same video (in PAL) is there a Fix that i missed, so the videos play correctly?

The original SSBB is a dual layer disc, which means it's over 8GB, the version you have has been modified so it can fit on a single layer disc (4.7GB). In doing so, they had to remove a majority of videos from single player to fit it all on a single layer disc, that's why it plays the same video over and over again. If you want the full experience, either get a dual layer disc and dual layer burner and the 8GB ISO file, or just buy the retail game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse