Homebrew Super Smash Bros. Clash/Crash/Rumble ???

somechris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm adding some stuff to my dstwo, and I was wondering which version of the homebrew Super Smash Bros. is the best/most up to date? It seems like most of the work on this/these stopped around 2010, but I'd still like to try them. Any advice/links would be great...

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
SSB Crash was last updated durring the 2012 Homebrew Bounty here at GBATemp, although It has not been updated in sometime. There are so much good homebrew for the DS, its awesome, try out ApatureDS(portal clone) and DSCraft (MineDS works too) both are in 3D with excellent graphics and function wonderfully in DS Mode. Back on topic I think SSB Rumble is Open Source, so If you are up for updating it yourself I think its somewhere on GoogleCode.
Good Luck!

somechris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are SSB Clash and Crash different projects, then? Thanks for the advice on homebrew too, I will check out ApatureDS for sure.

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I think SSB Clash and Crash are different homebrew both are OK, although I prefer Crash myself, as it is newer and I think the dev still checks about the fourms once and awhile.
For other homebrew check FileTrip and DSScene and other places around the web.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There's Clash, Crash, and Rumble.

I could never get Crash to work on my AK2i.
Rumble development was abandoned at v0.8 the last I checked, and it barely had a working engine with movesets.
Clash worked with 10+ characters and stages, but it wasn't fun tbh. It needed way more work, and the DS just isn't suited to Smash Bros.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://ssbcrashds.blogspot.es/1320428773/demo-10-1/
The last version was made in december of 2011.
His last post was last year (which was ironicly about why hes been absent. But the same thing happened with SnemulDS so I gues this is the end.)
I acutally remember back then when the dev was active and making updates almost every time i went to his blog (which was ppretty hard to find since all you would see is gbatemp posts with outdated versions.
Good times.

Reactions: ipwndeveloper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more