Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
As I mentioned in my old thread, my Super Smash Bros. wasn't working.

Now I have found out that it`s not my Wii's fault. 2 other Wii's have the same problem, with the same discs.

I wasted 4 Memorex DVD+R DL discs
yaywii.gif

(I used the same .iso on all of them....)

The thing is...
When I try to verify my burn on ImgBurn, halfway through it says it wasn't burned properly! This is verifying the disc, not burning. And when I try it on my Wii, I can`t play online, and single player goes to the green error screen after the 2nd movie. (as I said in my old thread)

I have used the same .ISO file that I used for burning on my friend`s USB stick, and it has worked fine.

So I`m guessing it is either the .ISO`s fault, or the Dual Layer Media`s fault.
But I don`t see why it could be either, since:

1. The same iso worked perfectly fine on a USB Stick with Wiiflow.
2. The Memorex DVD+R DL's worked for my friend's XBOX 360 games.

Please help, thanks.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just use an external HDD or a flash stick?

I'm not sure what the problem is with the burning process, but if you know of a method that works, why not use it?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Memorex media is shit. Use Verbatim. Anyway, did you set the layer break? The layer break is 2084960.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought DVD+R disks didn't work well with the wii.
Then again, if the game starts I guess that probably isn't the problem
What speed are the disks burned at?

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got Memorex media, and SSBB is the only game I burned on them. I didn't play much with it, all I did was start a game and play like a minute. No errors. IMGBurn said it was RITEK media and that's the best brand as far as I know. And It didn't give a verify error for me. Check what media code your Memorex's are with IMGBurn, if it's RITEK the medias are fine. Second, you should burn with a Pioneer burner, those were the best in the Gamecube days because the drive was very picky / didn't give much room for non 100% perfect burns. I assume the Wii is the same way.

I don't know about the Xbox but it has nothing to do with Nintendo hardware, probably the drive in those consoles is more normal and can read more medias.

It's either your medias or your burner.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Where did you get the idea that Ritek is the best media? It is considered second class in comparison to media from Mitsubishi/Verbatim plus the dual layer is reported to have had layer break issues.
http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm
I agree though its definitely a media or burn problem (either the burner itself - make sure you have up to date firmware on it or the speed used) or possibly a combination of the two given that it will not verify the disc!

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Go get yourself some DVD-R, as some Wiis have trouble running DVD+R despite being able to run backups. Mine struggled to read DVD+R, but once I swapped over to DVD-R, everything worked perfectly.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
I find memorex media to have problems with certain burners. One time, i wasted 2 dvd on our PC's burner, but when i used our laptop's burner, every game worked so far. keep in mind I am Burning 360 games.)

in that case, its prolly your iso.

Id recommend just buying a flash stick as it is practical, you can reuse it everytime and not have to buy more DVDs.

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nahh forget about Memorex.

The media I used before my USB drive, was a Arita DVD+DL 4x, also burn my Xbox360 games with the same discs and never had any problems. Don't use the 8x cause they were a pain...
wink.gif

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CarbonX13 said:
Go get yourself some DVD-R, as some Wiis have trouble running DVD+R despite being able to run backups. Mine struggled to read DVD+R, but once I swapped over to DVD-R, everything worked perfectly.
If you use only a chip, DVD-R DL won't work, you can't set layer break on those.

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ocdetective said:
Where did you get the idea that Ritek is the best media? It is considered second class in comparison to media from Mitsubishi/Verbatim plus the dual layer is reported to have had layer break issues.
http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm
I agree though its definitely a media or burn problem (either the burner itself - make sure you have up to date firmware on it or the speed used) or possibly a combination of the two given that it will not verify the disc!
Great link! But mine work just fine and no layer break issues. Ritek G04-05 were the best for Gamecube games, I assumed Ritek media still was the best. I'll buy Verbatim from now on, but they're hard to find where I live. The +R DL I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti