Gaming Super Smash Bros Brawl Backup

Cheeseweasel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After months of trying to get Super Smash Bros Brawl (dual layer) to work, the YAOSM chip has finally been updated to fix the exact error I keep getting.

Around here, dual layer discs are very hard to come by. I have to order them from the internet for $20 or so each. Therefore I can't afford to make any mistakes in the burning of the disc.

So can somebody please tell me the exact settings to burn Super Smash Bros Brawl JAP to a PAL console? As far as I can tell, it's this:

1. Patch ISO with RegionFrii to PAL
2. Set custom layer break in ImgBurn to *I'll look the number up*
3. Burn

Are there any important steps I'm missing?

Thanks
Cheeseweasel

josh41091

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Kk so if you wanna get a Jap version working on Pal you hav to be careful that u dont semi-brick ur console, which is done by updating Jap update on pal wii

This can be fixed by using trucha to change the update.inf so that it doesnt install the extra system files OR you can use a freeloader so the jap update is completely missed (or if you want, to save swapping discs, you can use trucka to replace the apploader.bin on the 1st aprtition on SSBB with the apploader.bin on the freeloader disc)

So yes as you say:
2a. Trucha edit the update.inf (on first partition I think?) so right files are installed, info to do this is here: Link
2b. Replace apploader.bin using trucha on 1st partition of SSBB with the apploader.bin from the freeloader.
3. Set custom layer break in ImgBurn to.
4. Burn

Thats shud be it, may need extra person to back me up just incase.

Hope it helps
biggrin.gif

J

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cheeseweasel said:
After months of trying to get Super Smash Bros Brawl (dual layer) to work, the YAOSM chip has finally been updated to fix the exact error I keep getting.

Around here, dual layer discs are very hard to come by. I have to order them from the internet for $20 or so each. Therefore I can't afford to make any mistakes in the burning of the disc.

So can somebody please tell me the exact settings to burn Super Smash Bros Brawl JAP to a PAL console? As far as I can tell, it's this:

2. Set custom layer break in ImgBurn to *I'll look the number up*
3. Burn

Are there any important steps I'm missing?

Thanks
Cheeseweasel
adding to the other post why dont you just get the single layer version? $20 for dual layer=HUGE RIP OFF, Id get here like 10 duals for $15

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you can just wait a little more and buy/download the European one... lol

either way, just patch it with regionfrii or something that supports dual layer and burn it with any program.

i actually use Ahead Nero, burn it at 4x

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
And tekheads do 10 packs of dual layer for 5 UKP (approx. $10) so I think you need to shop around

Cheeseweasel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've already installed the update (and got the dual channels) from the DVD5 copy of the game, which was also patched to PAL, so should I worry about all the Trucha signing stuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT