Super Scribblenauts Gamescom trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by granville, Aug 16, 2010.

1. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Sequel to the unique 2009 DS game, Scribblenauts, Super Scribblenauts is coming now. The developers have taken the negative criticism from the first game and hope to make a better experience this time. The newest trailer shown at Gamescom-

Super Scribblenauts is a unique word-oriented puzzle game. Like its predecessor, it uses a word-based creation utility which lets you type out general nouns and they will appear on screen to help you solve puzzles and conquer levels. New to the sequel is adjective support, which enhances the actions you can make objects do. Coupled with nouns, you can add characteristics to the objects/animals/people you create. They are also looking to enhance level design and objectives to be more like an actual game and less an open sandbox with very little objective or goal. Limitations are what they hope to tear down, but they also wish to eliminate easy ways to spam a specific type of action you type. In the previous game, it was easy to almost "cheat" by using a specific word to dominate the entire game. The developers of Super Scribblenauts claim to be balancing the experience and want users to use more creativity to beat the levels this time. Lastly, they're making improvements to the controls, letting you control Maxwell either by the dpad OR the touch screen. [/p]
    Super Scribblenauts is scheduled to release this October in the US. Here's hoping the improvements made are big and make a spectacular game. The first game had excellent ideas but felt only partially finished on a whole. We'll see soon! [​IMG]

Source- GoNintendo

2. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I wasn`t all that impressed with the first one due to strange controls and uninteresting level-design... I hope this version will solve the problems of the first one, since there is so much potential!

3. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Looking great, and I'm sure the changes will make this a much more balanced-out game.

I loved the concept idea of the first Scribblenauts, but it was just badly implemented in the game.

4. Range-TE

Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 9, 2008
    Indonesia
    i'm looking forward to this, the first one was great but it had something wrong about it i just can't put my finger on it (aside from controls obviously)

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    adjectives and nouns.......
    *taking all bets on most colourful euphemism to be created*

6. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    They sure got are backs with the controls [​IMG]

7. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    purple headed one eyed monster! Finally my creation will come to light! mwahahaha! oh wait...I sold my DS.

8. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    This makes me want to try this when I first get it:

God Satan Jesus Zombie Grandma with Wings and a Cowboy Hat

9. Marauding

Marauding GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2009
    Canada
    I've never been so excited about adjectives!

10. gifi4

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Apr 21, 2010
    Melbourne
    can't wait, probably massive ap on this one when it gets released and dumped!

11. Daviziu

Daviziu Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I'm so excited to test it at the GamesCom [​IMG]

12. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Don't forget the 'one-eyed trouser snake', & we can FINALLY play with TrolleyDave 'pink joystick'

13. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    I liked the first Scribblenauts. Adjectives are definitely going to add to the already colossal replay value. What a great team, 5th Cell is. You can tell they're totally devoted to fixing the qualms of the first one. Definitely purchase-worthy!

14. leinad

leinad GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    The first thing I will try will be "Holy crap" [​IMG]

The first game was 'okay', awesome in the beginning, but then got too repetive...

15. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    what is this adjective that you speak of ? [​IMG] [​IMG]

well at least the controls are better, i never played the first because of the controls

16. gumgod

gumgod GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I bet they still exclude all words related to alcohol so no drunken cthulhu... or inebriated squirrel, and no champagne to celebrate the wedding...

Oh and when are they going to add gore effects? [​IMG]

17. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    what would sell this game (if it hasnt already been "sold") are euphemisms but its good to keep it away (for the kids... yeah right)

18. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Almost!

Apr 25, 2010
    United States
    California
    Yes!!!!! New Scribblenauts games [​IMG]

19. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    Strong Flying Turtle is what i'll ride [​IMG]

20. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    The game looks much better.
    I'm glad it uses the D-Pad instead of those horrible touch controls. I might purchase this game.