Super Paper Mario Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Diabolos, Feb 2, 2012.

Feb 2, 2012

Super Paper Mario Problem by Diabolos at 1:53 AM (776 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Diabolos
    OP

Newcomer Diabolos Advanced Member

Thailand
    I saw this Super Paper Mario game, and so I bought it. After I bought it, it works perfectly fine! But when I finished the level where you had to feed the Squirps alien guy (his name was Squirps, right?), I think it was World 4-4 or 4-3 (probably 4-3), it suddenly freezes. The first time, I saved, so I had to start all over again. The second time, I didn't. I saved before that happens, and it still freezes. Any idea what happen?
    -Diabolos

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Is your Wii modded in any way?

Sounds more like a disc problem. Are there any scratches on the disc?

3. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    It's more than likely a disc problem, if your wiis modded then you can just back it up (Or download it if the disc is damaged enough that it won't backup) onto a USB Drive and see if it still plays after that point. If it does, then you have a bad disc.

4. Diabolos
    OP

Thailand
    I don't know what you mean by 'modded', but my brother once tried to update the Wii and it broke. So we had it fix and we got a bunch of whole new applications. Game-Loading applications, that is...

I tried that on my USB but when I put it and started one program (I can't remember the name), it said my USB was empty.

5. Nujui

United States
    Modded is as in having something called the "Homebrew Channel" on the Wii menu, if you have that then it's modded.

It it isn't, check out the Wii hacking guide sticky below.
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/171901-modify-any-wii-43-below/

If it is, make sure you have the required cioses and such (Which are also explained in that guide I link you to) and the USB loading apps like USB Loader GX or Configurable USB loader.

I might also suggest usingModMii, which will help you download all files needed to mod it :)

6. Diabolos
    OP

Thailand
    Oh. I do have a Homebrew Channel. Not just one, I think... Anyways, yeah, it's definitely modded since I do have a Homebrew Channel. Also, I just remembered the USB app that said that my USB was empty. The USB Loader GX, yeah, that one. Thanks, you made me remember. :yay:
    I'll try whatever I can.
    -Diabolos

7. Nujui

United States
    If USB GX doesn't work you can always try the other one I suggested, it's the most recommend out of them all.

8. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    I think the real question here should be is your USB drive formatted to WBFS or Fat32? While ntsc works, I don't think his channels have been updated for quite some time...

9. Nujui

United States
    Well, I actually had some problems with USB Gx not reading my usb drive, but CFG loader does, so that's why I suggested.

But you do bring up a good point, what format is your usb drive in? and have you updated anything?

10. Diabolos
    OP

Thailand
    Sorry. Can't check yet... The Wii's with me, but forgot Wiimote at Thailand. But I'll try and remember this so that when I go get it later on, then I could check. Also...

@[member='Pinkie232']: I've tried both randomly when I still had the Wii. It was just randomly, but it was still empty.

@[member='Nujui']: I tried both of them. Also, we updated the Wii once, and then it broke, so we had it fixed. That's when we got even more apps on the Wii. 'Nother thing (unrelated to topic), nice avatar. :)

11. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Ok...I think what you should do is follow the tutorial here to update and mod your wii to 4.1 and install the latest version of...well everything then try the games on your USB.

12. Chun_Li

Newcomer Chun_Li Newbie

United States
    Yeah, this happened to me too. Couldn't fix it, so we just got a new one.

13. Diabolos
    OP

Thailand
    ... I'm not wasting money for that one. Neither is my parents.