Super Nintendo World Direct - coverage roundup

Are you ready for absolutely no game content? Because that, and 15 minutes of a Japanese theme park are what's on tap for the latest Nintendo Direct. Tune in to the Super Nintendo World Direct, which goes live in a few minutes, to see just what this Nintendo-land of amusement and wonder has in store for its park-goers later next year.

Miyamoto is doing the tour of the park, starting with an adorable Warp Pipe entrance. Right as you arrive, you get to walk through Peach's Castle, complete with paintings on the wall.

You can interact with certain props at the park, like a Coin Block. By wearing the Power-Up Band, you can hit the underside of the block to obtain coins, which you can check on your smartphone.

Miyamoto mentions there's a special activity regarding the sleeping Pirhana Plant, but he's keeping it a secret, for now.

Another part of the park has you timing a hit of a Pow block to bump a Koopa shell into a key block, which also gives you coins.

Explore the underground of the Mushroom Kingdom, in a maze-like structure.

Sometimes you'll see M symbols, which you can scan on the bracelet as well.

Of course there's a gift shop. Complete with exclusive toys that can only be gotten at the park. There's a little Mario figurine that walks when you push him forward.

Get some Star popcorn, or eat at cute cafes that are Mario-themed.

Mario, Luigi mascots will be available for photoshoots, much like Disneyland's princesses.

The cafe is very large, and has power up icons on the ceiling, with a very mushroom-y theme. You can look at screens, which look like windows into the kitchen, where the Toads will "cook" your meal.

The Mario Burger, Super Mushroom pizza bowl, and ? Block desserts are some of the foods you'll be able to try.

The park opens Feb. 4th, and there are still plans to open more Super Nintendo Worlds in Asia and the United States.

There's a Mario Kart challenge in Bowser's Castle, and it's a ride. Apparently, it took six years to develop and build.

The building looks a lot like the Bowser's Castle stage in Mario Kart, and Bowser even has a ton of Mario Kart trophies on display!

They briefly show the ride, which sits you in various race karts from the games.

That's it.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can't wait for them not to announce anything about Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 lol. I hope there are youtube vids for the rides for us who'll never be able to go to them anytime soon.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would it not be great for them to announce mario odyssey 2 at the end ? xD

edit: Should have been super mario world.. not nintendo..
I think they're future proofing.. if they call it "Super Mario World" they can't expand into other Nintendo franchises but because its called "Super Nintendo World", I expect Zelda, Starfox and Kirby themes in the coming years ;)

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far, these little "attractions" are really cute, but it seems like they'd be a pain to even try, assuming there are hundreds of other people there trying to bop a coin block too.
Exactly what i was thinking!

Doesn't seem very spacious either. I'd imagine the whole experience would be quite stressful just to walk around!

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they're future proofing.. if they call it "Super Mario World" they can't expand into other Nintendo franchises but because its called "Super Nintendo World", I expect Zelda, Starfox and Kirby themes in the coming years ;)
i understand the idea but should have made other franchises at the start then.. and the place is rather small..i suppose they must know if they are able to expand and how..

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it not be great for them to announce mario odyssey 2 at the end ? xD

edit: Should have been super mario world.. not nintendo..
Not repeating what was said. The problem with calling the theme park Super Mario World instead is this could confuse a lot of people. If you do a search for Super Mario World, you will most likely find a lot of results about the games than you would able to theme park.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are rumors of a Donkey Kong expansion for at least one of the parks. I wouldn't expect more fringe / core-gamer IPs like Star Fox or Metroid, or even stuff like Kirby and Zelda, but Donkey Kong technically is a separate series.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.