Super Nintendo DSP-1 Errors

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Scissorman, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Scissorman
    OP

Scissorman Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2016
    United States
    So I was fortunate enough to find a copy of Super Mario Kart today. Popped it in and it worked well enough... until I began to race. There was the background, the floor, and the racers, but no track. I fiddled with it for awhile until I tried Pilotwings. The graphics failed on that too.

Here's what I know. The DSP chips are in the games themselves. However, I find it too much of a coincidence that both games won't work. Is there something with the Super Nintendo that reads the chips that might be functioning? I just want to enjoy some Super Mario Kart.

2. shames

shames Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2016
    Australia
    Well, clean your snes and carts. In 90% of the cases it would work again.
    If they still fail, test them on another unit.
    If they still fail, maybe the battery is dead (if any) and needs to be replaced.
    If they still fail or don't have a battery, the dsp or some soldering is broken.

3. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Is there any kind of region mis-match? If your console has a 50hz/60hz mod or something, try changing it. Some games act up terribly in the wrong mode.

4. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    thats a weird issue. i have seen something similar. i use a super wild card dx2 on my snes and i can play dsp games on it as long as a dsp cart is in the top. when i play mario kart from the cart on top of the super wild card i have to hit reset after the game loads or it will glitch out on the track. try reset at the nintendo coin sound.