Super Metroid GBA- Can’t progress after morph ball?

Kuramations

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After getting the Morph Ball in Super Metroid GBA, I go through this door in order to progress, and for some reason, it keeps warping me back/resetting to the very beginning.
Anything I can do?

Reactions: Creamu

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Puhh, thats not helpful for speedrunners,nice Bug.

Im not sure Whats going on here,i would delete the save-File if it not helps i would also reinstall the whole game. Give it a try.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you playing the game? I remember a similar issue with mednafen on the 360 with mega man x. in armored armadillo's stage, it would at some point warp me out of the stage like I had beaten it, but it would remain unbeaten on the boss selection screen. I was told it was the core being used that caused it. it only happened with that one game I tested.

Kuramations

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you playing the game? I remember a similar issue with mednafen on the 360 with mega man x. in armored armadillo's stage, it would at some point warp me out of the stage like I had beaten it, but it would remain unbeaten on the boss selection screen. I was told it was the core being used that caused it. it only happened with that one game I tested.
I'm playing it on the mGBA emulator on a hacked switch.

Kuramations

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a weird glitch. Maybe it's related to the antipiracy that activates once you get the morph ball? Just looking at this video here:

Maybe? I really don't know. It doesn't happen when I die, it only happens when I go through that door.
This is a rom hack after all.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you would have better luck playing the original on the snes

hacks are usually full of bugs

By Metroid Violinist on Dec 21, 2020 (
Star
Star
Star
Star
Star
)
77% in 1:20
This hack was decent, however- the more and more I played it, the more I just wanted to play the original Super Metroid. I watched Alexman25's video on this hack, and had a bad first impression, upon playing it myself I noticed a few things were fixed (ie. Norfair elevator) but some things like the cutscene after boss deaths were completely fucked. Sad to see no Phantoon replacement either.

Overall, hack was okay but made me realize SM doesn't need a remake, it's fine as is and would really only benefit from a graphic overhaul. Just play the original SM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: