Super Mario World 3D minimum version

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by n0fx, Nov 28, 2013.

1. n0fx
    OP

n0fx Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2006
    I got the first batch of Wii u's that came out last winter. I wanted to buy Super Mario World 3D to play but I know it might require an update to play it. I honestly haven't played it since the last Mario that came out last winter, does anyone know if what minimum version is required to play it?

I really don't want to upgrade it if I don't have it, since I want to keep it at the current version, just incase any homebrew hacks come out later for the machine and I wouldn't be able hack it later with a new system version.

2. djbubba2002

djbubba2002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 10, 2007
    3.1.0u..I posted it in the other topic

3. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    If anyone releases any Homebrew hacks, it will be compatible with the then current firmware. No one is gonna bother to make a homebrew exploit that can only work on an original Wii U Firmware. You really never want to use the eShop, have the improved performance, or anything else? Just update, it's safe so far.

4. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Gateway 3DS? Released when last compatible firmware was half year old?

5. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden

This statement is just wrong. People don't "make" exploits, they are found. And exploits are more likely to be found on earlier versions of the software (it's not firmware, i think), before things and loop holes are patched up etc.
    Saying it's "safe so far" is also a lie. No one can be certain it is safe to update.

Now, personally I wouldn't bother keeping my system on a low version, I would just update. But that decision has nothing to do with the "safety" of being able to hack it on higher versions.