Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by exelix11, May 17, 2018.
not yet, I'm working on it i hope to make it possible by the next release
That would be great
For performance, I might suggest a .NET 3D library that can access the GPU, such as SharpGL or OpenTK (WPF 3D can do this, but not very well IIRC).
Regarding the above, try to stay away from unnecessarily high system requirements, such as requiring OpenGL 4.6 for a program that only uses basic diffuse shading like yours.
Also, consider using WinForms instead of WPF, as it's cross-platform and can run on Mac and Linux using Mono (SharpGL and OpenTK can both work on WinForms).
Lastly, I might suggest documenting the EditorCore a bit, because it seems it'd be useful for modding 3D games in general, and it would make it easier to use for other games.
Other than that, the editor looks promising! Keep up the good work!
I've tried using OpenTK but that's very low level, like you have to implement your own camera, shader and rendering code. Tbh it was a lot of stuff to and i wanted something plug-and-play to get working on the editor and without spending too much time on the 3d viewer. The wpf lib i'm using handles all by itself i just need to load the models, I know no multiplatform but there is no easy to use 3D lib for winforms.
That said, anyone is free to contribute, the renderer is a separate project and a native implementation would be nice.
EditorCore is not ready yet, i'll make a guide for making extensions before releasing it.
how far with the custom model importer?
I'm having troubles getting kcl to work, maybe it won't make it into next release
Is there something wrong with the KCL library? I've had them work perfectly fine so far and if they get loaded like bfres and with the same transformations/positions from byml they should be fine.
kcl to obj works, but obj to kcl doesn't. I've also tried to implement my own converter and it's sorta working but not good enough for custom levels.
Oh i see. The library doesn't rebuild them properly. Mainly octrees which I believe cause the game to crash. There is a build used by mk8 with EveryFileExplorer which had proper KCL saving with proper octree calculation, just needs it's endianness changed to little to work with switch games. Should be pretty useful.
Used that as my base just changing endianness didn't work,I've implemented the global octree thing now the central part of the model works while the rest is glitchy.