1. slinkylink

OP slinkylink Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi friends!

I'm a super noob who is good at following instructions and enjoyed modding the wiiU for the kids a couple of years back. I had no actual idea of what I was doing, but excellently followed a tutorial and managed not to brick the WiiU :)

I've been using WiiUsb Helper to download games for the little monsters, and the latest request was Super Mario Maker. All went well until Mr 4 tried to play the Course World, and we got the error code 106-0502.

I understand that this is a network type error? I've tried rebooting everything, and my connection appears fine :/

Is this just one of those cases where a pirated game won't work online? Do I need to update something? I live in fear of bricking the console. The children would have my blood...

Any help/condolences/derisive laughter is appreciated

*edited for stupidity: I also copy/pasted the wrong number into the title, and now I can't edit it.... as you can see, the situation is dire..

Last edited by slinkylink, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Prince Valmont

Prince Valmont GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been getting error code 001-0502 on my 3DS since I believe last night. Maybe they're doing server maintenance?

3. smileyhead

smileyhead I like cute stuff.

Hungary
    Two potential solutions I've found online is see if the game is updated (you can see the version number in the bottom right corner of the title screen; the latest version should be 1.47) and if not, update it to the latest version (download and install the update through USB Helper), or perform a power cycle on the console (turn it off, unplug it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on).

4. slinkylink

OP slinkylink Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll definitely check for updates and try cycling the power again.

If all else fails, it can be a lesson in patience for the kids :P

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - 00050000, 1018DD00, Super