Super mario land glitches

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by BrightNeko, Jun 18, 2011.

Jun 18, 2011

Super mario land glitches by BrightNeko at 2:28 AM (1,596 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. BrightNeko
    OP

Member BrightNeko Popcorn ball

United States
    OK so I caved and bought super mario land today and I've encountered 2 glitches.

1. the top of the screen is kind of scrunched up and wavy like the effect you get from genesis emulation when every your moving down on the screen a wavy line appears. Not really a problem just kind of annoying.

2. So I got the star power up in 2-2, around the time it ended the screen went blank and I couldn't see anything. I've had this happen twice both times getting me killed.

The first one probably isn't in the original but number 2 might be. Anyway has anyone else encountered these problems? If its only me I might just re-download...

-edit-
    To note I have alleyway and problem 1 isn't there. Doubt that matters but felt I should mention it.

2. tlyee61

Member tlyee61 le dancing Tyranitar~

United States
    1st does for me

2nd I have never experienced [​IMG]

3. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Number 2 is an old glitch witch used to happen when using game genie. Sometimes happened with super gameboy but rarely.

I remember number 1 used to happen when playing the game cart in super gameboy.

IMO: Sounds like nintendo created an emulator based on super gameboy.

4. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Super gameboy wasn't much more that a complete gameboy in a snes cart afaik.

1. because the screen is scaled to an uneven amount, try holding start/select when loading the game. This will load the game at 1:1 screen size with a gb border.

2. weird! [​IMG]

5. BrightNeko
    OP

Member BrightNeko Popcorn ball

United States
    Neat trick spinal_cord seems to have fixed the screen waving up :3 least for now.

I ran through 2-2 again, and got the star in that mode and didn't get the blank screen so hopefully it also fixed that >.< but that seems pretty random so its something I will see over time from playing it over and over.

6. ShinyJellicent12

Member ShinyJellicent12 I summon giant clover-shaped meteors in the sky

United States
    I have a GBA SP and I play SML on it (I have the actual game).
    If I do the color thing (press an arrow key and the game has a different color theme. It would be in color without pressing a button, anyway), it becomes harder for me to play.
    I can't get past level 4!

7. zumbertinho

Newcomer zumbertinho Advanced Member

Brazil
    This is slightly off-topic, but still about SML: can anybody tell me if this version maintains the high-score? I mean, I'm guessing that with the menu button state save thing it will keep the record, but if I close the game completely will it still maintain my high-score? This is the only reason I can think that might make me buy this thing.. it doesn't even have borders, even Super Game Boy had borders and other functions. They could make a leader-board for those games... meh.. one can dream, can't I?

8. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    As long as you keep your save state up to date, it will keep the score via that.

9. Kaleadoskope

Newcomer Kaleadoskope Member

Australia
    I encountered the second glitch in Link's Awakening DX on 3DS. This happened when I was talking to the witch, I pressed a couple of random buttons in an effort to skip the text. The game froze on a white screen, I was still able to save my state, but the only way to escape the white screen was by restarting. I also encountered the first graphical glitch on Link's Awakening, but I haven't encountered any glitches in SML. It may be because Gameboy and Gameboy Colour games are emulated in the same way. Either way, a peculiar set of glitches, and ones I would like to see the cause of.