TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh crap!
frown.gif
I really hope that doesn't mean it detects chips...
frown.gif
Confirmation?
naah i don't think that there's any protection. but who knows. i think that nintendo would create copy protect things for ds before wii. Just because ds games are easier to dl and use etc.

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Just wait till next month and go out and buy Mario Galaxy. Go on Support Nintendo (ur supposed fav games developer)

I have a flash cart for my DS, I still by the games that count. Even if I did have a modded Wii, I'd still buy Galaxy rather than ripping it !

reecarno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yah I am not sure if I believe him either but he says something about his friend having a LG drive

What if I have someone with an LG drive make a copy for me...Could I dump it then?

I suppose you could say he’s got a friend with an LG, but if so, why would he say IF.

And if he does have a friend with an LG drive, and he makes the copy for him, why does he say “Could I dump it then?” Hey? If it’s been made into a copy for him why would he need to dump it again? Besides I thought it took hours to dump a wii disk, not a couple.

Baring in mind his mate (who he wasn’t sure had one) would have needed to be hooked up with the disk at midnight, then do some investigation into how to dump the disk and achieve it, leaving at least 10- 15 minutes to burn the dump, then try it out on the wii (assuming he took it with him) only to find it was incompatible with some unrecognized hardware, and then rush back Maxconsole and inform us it wont work. Just seems to me that the time and resources were not there, I’m not calling him a liar just maybe he’s a little confused, after all he wants to dump it twice.

mike10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wait till next month and go out and buy Mario Galaxy. Go on Support Nintendo (ur supposed fav games developer)

I have a flash cart for my DS, I still by the games that count. Even if I did have a modded Wii, I'd still buy Galaxy rather than ripping it !

I dont have any problems with buying the game
but if they can stop this game from being played then that probably means that every game will eventually have this protection

Aoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is highly suspect. Remember all the hub-bub about that one DS game that couldn't be dumped/emulated right? Well, it got fixed after that. And this person really doesn't give himself too much credibility, asking questions like this - you'd be surprised how strict game companies (moreso a company like Nintendo) are seriously anal about their demos not being taken out of store premises. This is probably just another 'tard asking for attention.

Also, if it were THAT easy to smuggle out a demo disc, you'd have to wonder why the dumpers haven't yet jumped on the chance to do so. After all, this is a pretty big title, and you'd want your name on it.

Edit: Also, note that he uses a video of someone else having the disc, instead of making one for himself (or even posting a vid of the "unrecognized hardware" bit).

Not to mention the slew of other big titles that Nintendo passed up this "new security" on.

Q.E.D., Nintendo isn't going to kill off the modding scene with Super Mario Galaxy. Let's say that modded Wiis does make Nintendo lose a couple or so hundred thousand dollars because people aren't buying the original games. But more people WILL buy the console in order to play it, and that's what Nintendo is after. The raids and crap are probably just to show that they're doing something about it, and not make the rest of the industry think that Nintendo supports piracy.

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be something to do with a demo unit. Does the original work on his Wii? If not then it's entirely possible that Nintendo married up serial numbers/identities of the Wii's used IN-STORE and ensured that the demo discs wouldn't boot on anything BUT these consoles.

Aoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at his posts, it seems that he has a CycloWiz modchip.

Maybe the CycloWiz has issues with SMG?

Aoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A little internet skullduggery, and I've come across one that seems to be PAL.

Maybe the demo itself is for PAL regions only, and him using the PAL version may have made the "Unrecognized Hardware" bit. His posts do reveal him having an NTSC Wii.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([Truth said:
@ Oct 25 2007, 06:21 AM)]is it already in the ng?
i´m no member at ntorrents.

its on ntorrents but its not a scene release. a regular, usually non-uploading member there ripped it. he's currently the nly seed and its taking everone foreeeeevah. I aint touchin' it until its tested, brickblocker issues and what-all have been worked out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: