Hacking Super Mario Galaxy 2 update

xtreme_power

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just got the game, inserted it into my console and it askes me for a wii update. This update will wipe out my homebrew channel. Now I use homebrew so that my console can play both PAL and NTSC games so I need the homebrew channel. Just wondering if there is a way to bypass this update? And sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find it anywhere on the boards.

xtreme_power

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just found out I can just boot the game using homebrew channel without having to update the wii so no need to do anything
smile.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah there is. it's to show that we care. or do we.

and yeah i'm talking about my above mod post.

rafao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you use a original disc, uses Priiloader.

If you use a backup disc, pass WiiBrickBlocker and Re-Burn disc.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
rafao said:
If you use a original disc, uses Priiloader.

If you use a backup disc, pass WiiBrickBlocker and Re-Burn disc.
Actually - I've have just softmodded my Wii (I had 4.2E firmware) so that I could play DVD's on it (not to concerned about pirate/backup game playing) & perhaps try a few Homebrew games etc

I've got original SMG2 & when I put the disk in - it showed 'Update required' & like a fool I selected it... thinking IF it updated & removed the Homebrew etc - it's no great loss, after all I was only 'trying it out'

The thing is that despite it going through the motions of an update, connecting to the Nintendo USB WiFi (I don't have 'proper' WiFi) - the Homebrew channel remained afterward AND I could still play DVD's

The only problem I found/had was when I tried to delete files from SD card through Homebrew Channel (in particular IIRC - the ios202 installer) the system locked up. So what the SMG2 update actually did I don't know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Frfr, autism gang rise up. +1