Super Mario Bros. Next - A NSMB2 Mod

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by pumpkin_pips, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Huseyin the Mighty

Huseyin the Mighty Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2017
    Germany
  2. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!"

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
  3. Filo97

Filo97 Pink = Best colour

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Where is the demo 3.0? Since it says it's out...

4. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Beyond the 4th Wall
    This looks nice. I had actually forgotten about NSMBClassic. The original NSMB gets a shiny new coat of paint, so it's only fair that the sequel gets one too. I really look forward to firing this game up.
    To quote the words of the inimitable Rob Schneider:

You can do it!

5. Wow. Nice !

VinLark likes this.
  6. Gimzie

Gimzie professional moron

Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    Sorry about any other bugs that were present, I updated the thread's downloads to rev6, most bugs should be fixed.

Oh, fixed that. Demo 3.0 will come out once some map layout stuff gets fixed, and after it gets playtested.

Last edited by Gimzie, Aug 2, 2018
    Filo97 likes this.
  7. Person74

Person74 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2017
    United States
    Massachusetts
    Its not out, its coming out soon.

8. Filo97

Filo97 Pink = Best colour

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Look at previous post, the OP had mistakenly put demo 3.0 aa avaiable. Now its fixed.

9. Gimzie

Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    Well, glad to announce that the final Demo version is out! This version contains five new stages (1-Rainbow, 1-A, 1-5, 2-Rainbow, 2-1) along with one new track, and a lot of improvements!

kikongokiller likes this.
  10. Gimzie

Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    Revision 2 has been posted to the thread, fixes 2-Rainbow crashing along with one small tiling error.

11. able

able Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    United States
    i have the american gold version installed, but i dont have the title for it in luma titles folder any suggestions?

12. Gimzie

Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    You need to create the titleid folder.

able likes this.
  13. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I'm have a little bit of trouble am I supposed to create a two folders in the luma folder & is the halloween hack for NSMB2 Gold Edition or the regular NSMB2 the reason why I'm asking is because my luma folder doesn't have a folder called titles in it ?

14. Gimzie

Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    SMBNext: Halloween Special and the Demo both work on any version of NSMB2.

Of course the "titles" folder isn't there, you have to create it yourself, silly. :P

SSG Vegeta likes this.
  15. SSG Vegeta

Jul 25, 2013
    United States

I didn't know this is my first time doing rom hacks I usually download roms that are already hacked. Can I have a copy of the files that I need to put in the titles folder please ?:)

16. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    On the first page there’s installation guide in drop down with links

17. SSG Vegeta

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I don't have any experience converting the files the ones on the front page need to be converted that's why I asked someone to share the converted files so all I have to do is place them in the folder

18. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA

Did you read the directions. The files u download u put into the folder that they tell you. The only thing you do is extract them. Winrar or another zip program for computer will extract them from .rar files

19. SSG Vegeta

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I redownloaded & extracted the files I'm redownloading the e shop version of NSMB2 rn
    I extracted the romfs folder & put it in the folder with my games I'd I pressed start & the game didn't change to the romfs hack like it was supposed to

20. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    Before I go any further, is your 3ds hacked and do you use Luma? If u followed the 3ds guide then you do
    Next:
    Did you name folder properly to which nsmb version you have. There’s two dif ones for each region.

And when u start ur 3ds u hold select. Luma menu will come up and now you want to tick the game patching option then press start to save and exit. Then start your game like normally would.

And Note:
    The hack does not go into the same folder as ur game. It’s in a whole dif location
    The numbers below has to be ur games number. Figure out which one matches ur game in original post and that will be the name of that folder instead of the example number below
    There’s prob a luma folder on ur card already create a folder titles inside of luma folder then inside of titles folder create a folder of ur games number version then inside of that folder a romfs folder and the hacks go in there
    SD:/luma/titles/0004000000137E00/romfs/“Hack folders here They named - Course, Unit, etc”

Last edited by Tri-Z, Oct 8, 2018
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted