Gaming Super Mario 3D

Do you think this game is a Must Buy for 3DS owners?

• HECK YEAH! IT'S MARIO!(Yes)

Votes: 131 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Can't Decide

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am so pissed at this game because i get the white raccoon suit which means i suck. But the thing is you can't throw with a 3ds without breaking it.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All 300 star coins and all levels completed. All you get for that is a pic of the toads + peach all wearing the tanooki suit

Selling it for sure now before it goes down in value.

I finished with 295, what's the other 5 I'm missing? On your save select how many stars do you have on your save? I have 4

Just realized, even more than 300. There are additional star coins that you can get in those "challenge" cubes from street passing with other 3ds owners, they don't even have to have played the game for you to get them. I say "challenge" due to the lack of difficulty in them. Currently at 310 star coins. I also have 4 stars on my save file. I guess you get 5 stars after you beat all the "challenge" boxes from streetpass.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All 300 star coins and all levels completed. All you get for that is a pic of the toads + peach all wearing the tanooki suit

Selling it for sure now before it goes down in value.

I finished with 295, what's the other 5 I'm missing? On your save select how many stars do you have on your save? I have 4

Just realized, even more than 300. There are additional star coins that you can get in those "challenge" cubes from street passing with other 3ds owners, they don't even have to have played the game for you to get them. I say "challenge" due to the lack of difficulty in them. Currently at 310 star coins. I also have 4 stars on my save file. I guess you get 5 stars after you beat all the "challenge" boxes from streetpass.
You need to beat all stages with both characters to get the 5th star.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I saw this and I lol'd.

[yt]dihOlhQPkpE[/yt]

The game doesn't seem too challenging with 300 lives.

Well, getting extra lives in such a way doesn't determine if the overall game is challenging. However, having played through it myself, the normal levels up to around world 7 (of 8 worlds) is pretty easy. With world 7 and 8, as well as the 8 special worlds, the difficulty does get bumped up.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I really want to play this game. I hope EB Games breaks the street date on this one. I need Mario on my 3DS or I will surely combust.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn straight! I'm with you mariofanatic64 =D Apparently Game Traders broke the date with imported copies again only to stop selling it to people just as quickly =/

So yeah hopefully EB does break the date, but if not we only have to wait until Thursday =)

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Damn straight! I'm with you mariofanatic64 =D Apparently Game Traders broke the date with imported copies again only to stop selling it to people just as quickly =/

So yeah hopefully EB does break the date, but if not we only have to wait until Thursday =)

I just found out the EB Games will be breaking the street date as soon as stock arrives in in their stores. I'm hoping they come in tomorrow so I can head there after school... And then update my 3DS later...

Things are looking good!

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia

I just found out the EB Games will be breaking the street date as soon as stock arrives in in their stores. I'm hoping they come in tomorrow so I can head there after school... And then update my 3DS later...

Things are looking good!
I was just down at my EB a few hours ago. I didn't ask, but all their pre-orders are the ones that come with the hat.
I'm as excited as a TF2 player because of the hat.

Andrew_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Things are looking good!

I just heard that as well! Guess what I'm doing tomorrow =D Luckily, there is an EB Games very near my course =D

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just got a text from EB saying that I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow! Tonight will be the hardest night to sleep. I'm on edge...

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I've finally 100%'d it! (I suppose my "achievements" may count as spoilers so...)

Collected all five profile stars plus shininess
Completed all levels on all worlds with mario, luigi and gold flags
Obtained the maximum 1110 lives, only half of which were obtained by the inifinite live trick in 1-2 and received the 3 gold crowns
Finished the special world 8 secret level without tanooki suit the first time (I'll admit I used it on the second completion because my hands were shaking so much)

I realise there isn't really any means of proving this so you'll just have to take my word for it. I really enjoyed the game even if I was apprehensive of a 2D/3D hybrid (it reminded me too much of Other M), at first I felt it was a bit short, a bit easy and I was surprised by the abundance of lives but all of these concerns were resolved and it lasted me quite a long time in the end. Hopefully Nintendo will release a sequel or maybe even DLC via a patch in the upcoming firmware update.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've finally 100%'d it! (I suppose my "achievements" may count as spoilers so...)

Collected all five profile stars plus shininess
Completed all levels on all worlds with mario, luigi and gold flags
Obtained the maximum 1110 lives, only half of which were obtained by the inifinite live trick in 1-2 and received the 3 gold crowns
Finished the special world 8 secret level without tanooki suit the first time (I'll admit I used it on the second completion because my hands were shaking so much)

I realise there isn't really any means of proving this so you'll just have to take my word for it. I really enjoyed the game even if I was apprehensive of a 2D/3D hybrid (it reminded me too much of Other M), at first I felt it was a bit short, a bit easy and I was surprised by the abundance of lives but all of these concerns were resolved and it lasted me quite a long time in the end. Hopefully Nintendo will release a sequel or maybe even DLC via a patch in the upcoming firmware update.
Did you get all of the Star Coins from Mystery Boxes? I believe there are 48 different types of mystery boxes in the game, which would bring the total star coins to 333 after completed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free