Super Mario 3D Land Mandatory Update

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So it's like the psp's umd disks bitching about updating the firmware before playing? /:

Also, iirc, Star Fox 64 3D (Japanese) also demanded for an update prior to playing. I didn't check if the update was deniable or not.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I got Steel Diver it informed me of the update, but you're still in total control of the update process, it's just that the game needs the update to run.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the confirmation. :)

So this isn't really something new for the 3ds? I was just wondering why this game in particular is being noted to have a mandatory update, despite there been a few games that already did it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the confirmation. :)

So this isn't really something new for the 3ds? I was just wondering why this game in particular is being noted to have a mandatory update, despite there been a few games that already did it.

Well, unless this is somehow different to the rest, maybe it's just because it's highly anticipated, so getting little bits of information is helpful.
Even so, there haven't been too many system updates yet anyway, plus the few games that may have been released since either didn't have the mandatory update, or were released with the minimum requirement so low that everyone had already updated to it.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I see that the game well force you to update hum but Do I need A dsl or ds lite to update my Ak2i (?)
I only have a 3ds :(
If your ak2i still works on the 3ds, wait for an update by the acekard team. Update your ak2i on the 3ds so it supports this mandatory 3ds update, before updating your 3ds.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna play my friggen Super Mario 3D Land game and by the time I am bored with it, the fix should be out.
Haha so true. If I owned a 3DS, I'd just keep on using my original DS when I wanted to do hackish stuff.

I'm curious as to what they updated and how. I guess I'll have to wait until someone who owns one develops some work around to see. That is, if they don't keep it between them and R4/Ak2i/... makers. :)

Is there any way to backup your firmware using JTAG or something and then restore it if you decide to go back?

kasapuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna play my friggen Super Mario 3D Land game and by the time I am bored with it, the fix should be out.

So regardless of getting this game, we will be forced into this update but hopefully there is a fix that can bypass this or should I hold off all together on buying this game ( if I am going to use a flash card for the 3DS when it ever is developed/released? )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂