Hacking Super Mario 3d Land E3 Beta on Sky3ds?

drybones99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Sky3ds so that I could play the original SM3DL E3 Beta (sm_retail.3ds, sm_dev.3ds, sm_gateway.3ds), but no version of it will run. I've tried the .cia versions of all of those files as well, to no avail. A stock Super Mario 3d Land rom will work fine. Is there any way, Sky3ds or otherwise, to run this beta? The only way I've been able to run it is through the Citra emulator, which is too slow at this moment, and lacks sound.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd guess beta software requires a dev unit to run cause of the different signature. But I'm not sure. Somebody has to confirm this.

Sky3ds can only run properly signed retail games. You need a gateway/dstwo+ to run the game on a retail unit.

Last edited by GothicIII,

DeadlyEdge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about the beta version. Can anyone PM me the .cia for it? I actually want to play it now and can't find it in search results.

Edit: Never mind I found it.

Last edited by DeadlyEdge,

drybones99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I am a total noob at this, could you tell me how you got it working with Luma3DS? I installed Luma3DS, but I can't access the homebrew launcher now.

drybones99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went the Arm9loaderhax route, and succeeded, being able to play the beta properly. Thanks for the information. Anyway, do you know of any other game betas in the .cia format, or other interesting programs?

DeadlyEdge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went the Arm9loaderhax route, and succeeded, being able to play the beta properly. Thanks for the information. Anyway, do you know of any other game betas in the .cia format, or other interesting programs?

Nope I was researching it myself using The Cutting Room Floor because I was curious about that as well. That's too bad really. I hope more prototypes get leaked for 3DS in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality