Gaming Sun and moon not running on rxtools

Justinhens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have rxtools installed and i had to reinstall my sysnand because i couldnt play it on emunand because id get a game card is removed error is anyone else having the same problem

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: x65943

Justinhens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i might consider that now i didnt know rxtools was a dead one is there anyway to downgrade from 11.2 to 9.2 then? can i use oot hax?

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Carts (and some digital copies) of sun/moon don't work on rxtools. This has been a confirmed fact. Get up to date. https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

Sun/Moon eshop and cartridge works 100% on rxtools and emunand 11.2. I finished the game on that cfw.
The problem is as always the user.
Note: i have both Luma and rxtools on my sdcard, but rxtools works better in some cases.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sun/Moon eshop and cartridge works 100% on rxtools and emunand 11.2. I finished the game on that cfw.
Note: i have both Luma and rxtools on my sdcard, but rxtools works better in some cases.
I said some. I remember one report of rx not working with sun moon download

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just pointing out here just because it works for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone (a very arrogant reply if I do say so).

If that were the case (with everything) - we wouldn't have multiple things like medicines.

On topic with RXTools - O3DS XL with RXTools on the Emunand - Moon cart (and leak) doesn't boot. My brother's blue O3DS (same setup) doesn't work.

N3DS A9LH with Luma 6.6 - works perfectly.

The problem doesn't fall to the user regarding the game not running properly. The problem falls on the user when they use an obsolete CFW and refuse to move from it when the features from RXtools have been in other, updated CFWs for yonks now.

[For others still using RXtools and claiming it to be "amazing" still in it's decrepit state]

It's best to upgrade from a dead CFW. You don't use Windows 98 anymore on your PC (but hey it just works, right?), so why should you still use a defunct CFW when all you need to do now is put the arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of your SD card and get Menuhax to boot Luma from it as you would RXtools. There is quite honestly no excuse anymore if it's that easy to do.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

PsychoRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi there. I have an Old 3DS XL with RxTools (Emunand ver: RX-E 11.2.0-35U) and Pokemon Moon downloaded from freeShop working perfectly (Or at least I've encountered no problems).
I have this CFW installed long time ago, I don't know if I should change to another CFW, but this works pretty good and I didn't have any problems with any game.
Should I change to other CFW? The system's will work better? (faster?), A9LH works with O3DSXL?
Greetings.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I have an Old 3DS XL with RxTools (Emunand ver: RX-E 11.2.0-35U) and Pokemon Moon downloaded from freeShop working perfectly (Or at least I've encountered no problems).
I have this CFW installed long time ago, I don't know if I should change to another CFW, but this works pretty good and I didn't have any problems with any game.
Should I change to other CFW? The system's will work better? (faster?), A9LH works with O3DSXL?
Greetings.

You'll be met with a lot of personal opinions, but the general consensus is: A9LH is the better option for CFW on the 3DS.

I wouldn't say A9LH is faster perse, but it gives you a LOT more control over things. For example, if you softbrick, you can use Luma's payload feature to restore a NAND backup (via Decrypt9) without having to use a hardmod (you'll have to use a hardmod to restore that backup if you hard-brick however).

It also boots faster (8 seconds to the home menu (on N3DS) instead of 45 on my old 3DS with Menuhax).

With it being more up to date than Menuhax's payload loading (RXTools etc), there's very little chance of Nintendo doing something stupid and breaking your CFW, as A9LH is not a quick and easy fix (if there even is one) like patching out Homebrew exploits (or Menuhax things).

Yes it runs on all types of 3DS, and can also use Emunands if you don't want to use Updated Sysnands.

If that doesn't work for you, you can still just use the arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma in place of RXTools and get Menuhax to boot it like you would RXTools. At least with Luma, you won't be using a vastly outdated CFW.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,
D

Deleted User

hmm i might consider that now i didnt know rxtools was a dead one is there anyway to downgrade from 11.2 to 9.2 then? can i use oot hax?
You screwed up by updating your sysnand lol.Sysnand Downgrades above firmware 9.2 come every once in a blue moon.

flokows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my O3ds 9.2 have a menuhax, and rxtools . PKM sun/moon works fine and online. digital and fisical copy. =) emunand with last version .
But only this with rxtools for laziness to install the A9LH

Justinhens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my O3ds 9.2 have a menuhax, and rxtools . PKM sun/moon works fine and online. digital and fisical copy. =) emunand with last version .
But only this with rxtools for laziness to install the A9LH
thats what i thought i just lost all the data for my games now 0_0 and i cant remember my nintendo id

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou