Suggestion of amendment to the rules.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Before I say anything else, let me be clear about something. I do think that you should suport developers and buy the game if you like it.

That being said, if someone is having a problem running a game, more often than not I see "if you bought thbe game, you wouldn't have this problem" posts.

At the least it's needless chastising. At the worst it's downright inflammitory. Either way, comments like that add nothing to the conversation OR to help fix the problem.

Most of the time it's a seed to start a flamewar, so subtle it can't be called flamebaiting.

Normally I wouldn't make a suggestion about certain kinds of posts to make their way into the rules, but really, these sorts of posts are very common and by no stretch of the imagination are they needed or pertain to the topic in which they are posted.

I suggest these kinds of comments be a warnable offense.

Reactions: 13 people

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've realized another possible effect this thread could have...

rather than create a thousand emigres....

it could evolve emigre into a super being! impervious to all warns and suspensions! oh, what horrors would find those who utter something stupid in his line of sight...

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the first post, I agree, warnable offence.

I've seen the posts too, there is no reason for a regular member to act like a jr moderator. So what if somebody didn't buy the game, if they're not posting links to pirated materials then leave them alone. If somebody does mention the bad word "download", then send them a polite PM and let them know that kind of talk is not supported here and editing their post would be a wise thing to do.

D

Deleted-236924

I've realized another possible effect this thread could have...

rather than create a thousand emigres....

it could evolve emigre into a super being! impervious to all warns and suspensions! oh, what horrors would find those who utter something stupid in his line of sight...
That would be cool.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
gallery_123159_43_789.jpg

The report button is useless, it only works when someone post a rom/iso link.
It's PR crap mods use to make it seem like their doing their job.

Reactions: 4 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)