Suggestion about adding new henkaku feature.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Dec 27, 2016.

  1. Sonic Angel Knight

    Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

    May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So today i noticed that Henkaku R7 has finally been released. It now features the Taihen plugin enabler that henkaku had been lacking since R6 for the past 4 months, and now possible including stability and fixed the vitashell updater. Thanks to the people of team who help made this possible, and Is nice. :)

    Though i was curious about a possible suggestion. I was told before from @yifan_lu that is possible to enable plugins for all apps and games by using the text line in the taihen config file.

    ux0:plugins/(insert plugin file here)
    Of course it worked but with some problems i will list a moment. I had wanted to use this cause i noticed the few plugins like amphetamin for overclock games improve gameplay i wanted to test, the use of it was for dumped games that wasn't good for me since all my games were bought from Playstation store, and already on my memory card, unlike the ones you buy from retail and has their own game card. I didn't find it demanding enough at the time to try and dump games for the only purpose of having use plugins.

    But now that is not a issue, i did try the option of Enable all plugins for games which worked but the problems below will be addressed after using the above text command.
    • All games worked with the plugin, holding select after loading game displayed the menu like it should.
    • All other apps that weren't games were unable to load, the email app, molecule, vitashell, and some others won't load at all, just stare at blank screen.
    • The game that supposed to run adrealine as well did not work, the other psp games were uneffect even though it still displays the amphetamin menu, the ps1 classics was not effected with any changes.
    I know that the use of targeting specific title id for each game is required to have it work independ. You would have to use This instead.
    ux0:plugins/(Insert plugin file here)
    The thing i noticed is that all PSVITA games use the same code of "PCSE" as the vita game, while other system apps and homebrew do not. So i was wondering if is possible to just target the apps using that instead of "*ALL" Which gives problems for them?

    Of course I'm not sure about the other regions but i would assume based on knowledge of previous consoles and their title id are slight altered to tell the difference between regions.
    • PCS*E = USA
    • PSC*J = JAP
    • PSC*P = EUR
    Again, not quite sure but this observation is from WII Title ID games, but i hope that explains enough of what i mean. If is possible to just make a command to target the fou specific letters, that would be useful than the *ALL Command that targets everything and breaks their usage. It also means you don't have to manually list every specific title id everytime you want to enable a plugin and you just got a new game from playstation store or another. Of course is a suggestion, if is not possible, i understand. :)

    Of course i considered that maybe is just the amphetamin plugin itself that breaks the apps, maybe it could be fixed in future update, but i just thought this idea is maybe a bit more useful to everyone.:unsure:
  2. yifan_lu

    yifan_lu @yifanlu

    Apr 28, 2007
    United States
    Or fix the buggy plugin that is open source...
    Count Duckula likes this.
  3. Gorre

    Gorre Advanced Member

    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice