Hacking Suggested Memory Card Size - PSP Backups + CSO Question

elgarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

So I recently got my hands on a PS TV and have got it running TN-V so I can finally put my PSP-Go away and play my PSP RPG library on the big screen, with a cleaner image.

Was looking at memory cards for these things and boy they ask for a lot. I saw the 64gb but that seems extreme, but at the same time I am unsure of a 32gb.

Is there and disadvantage to making my library all / mostly CSO to save space also? I am mostly running RPGs with the occasional non-rpg, but most non-rpgs I play I can also get PS2 versions of, so I am fine with that. Loading times aren't a big issue, I am just not sure if there are some RPGs that won't run compressed, or if they lose any functionality.

Thanks

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some games lag when in CSO format. I noticed this with Project Diva where the lag actually caused the music and the video not in sync.

Also, not every game compress well with CSO. Some simply has negligible size differences between ISO and CSO.

elgarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, is it certain types of games or is CSO just not very compatible?

I have a few rpg that are not very intensive that I figured would work, but expected games like 3rd birthday to maybe lag a little.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

I have a few rpg that are not very intensive that I figured would work, but expected games like 3rd birthday to maybe lag a little.

compress with rate of 1 instead of 9 and vuala. You loose only one or two extra mb on your storage device, but you won't see any lags for sure.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It varies with game. You'll be better of using UMDGEN to trim ISO instead. Few PSP games requires you to export and import file list if you trim the ISO.

elgarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I will give it a look tonight. I work near a gamestop and decided to test out my expected storage on a pre-owned 32gb card. Luckily I can return it if I use less games than expected or if I need a 64gb.

Damn Sony and their proprietary memory cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.