Hacking Homebrew Sucessfully installed CFW on PSP Slim.. Now what ?

Icarus

fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So here I am, I just installed custom firmware [3.71 M33-3] on my PSP slim without any major problems[even though I cut the battery cell and there were literally flames and gas smell came out from the battery, it actually worked just fine when I was installing CFW] Now here I am. How exactly am I going to play games now? I can just put the ISOs on my PSP and boot them? Or do I need any programs for this ?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Your MemStick should have an /ISO folder. PSP iso/csos go there.
Music, pictures, and video go in /MUSIC, /PICTURE, and /VIDEO of course.

Homebrew and PS1 eboots on the slim go in the /PSP/GAME folder.
Each should have a subfolder there where the eboot for that homebrew/game is.

Before you can play PS1 games, you also need Popsloader if you don't already have it. And PopstationGUI to convert PS1 isos into eboots.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
play disgaea !

Definitely do this
grog.gif

Icarus

fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
play disgaea !
NO, PIRATES!!!

After long hours of research, I finally could play PSP games AND PS1 games with sucess. But before I forget, I want to ask something. Do you think it's better to have a game in the UMD slot all the time? Or is it just better to leave it empty ?

Edit: Posts merged together. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think it really matters, but i keep mine empty just out of habit.

So here I am, I just installed custom firmware [3.71 M33-3] on my PSP slim without any major problems[even though I cut the battery cell and there were literally flames and gas smell came out from the battery, it actually worked just fine when I was installing CFW]

Was this following my guide? And you had the guts to try the battery after it burst in flames? That is courageous

Icarus

fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it really matters, but i keep mine empty just out of habit.

So here I am, I just installed custom firmware [3.71 M33-3] on my PSP slim without any major problems[even though I cut the battery cell and there were literally flames and gas smell came out from the battery, it actually worked just fine when I was installing CFW]

Was this following my guide? And you had the guts to try the battery after it burst in flames? That is courageous
I accidentally cut it while I was trying to pry open the battery. I was using a knife to cut in the middle and I accidentally cut the battery cell. As I said, flames came out from the cell and there was a gas smell. I totally lost the hope but I didn't want to give up because I wanted to see what the pin looks like and I wanted to practice. I cut the pin without any problems and I gave it a try. I actually saw the green light !!! And it worked too, I installed the CFW with that battery.

Also, I've found the Total Newbie Installer thing[Not from your guide though, I forgot that you had a guide too, sorry xD] and that thing was great. It was so easy to install those files with that installer.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
After long hours of research, I finally could play PSP games AND PS1 games with sucess. But before I forget, I want to ask something. Do you think it's better to have a game in the UMD slot all the time? Or is it just better to leave it empty ?
I never leave mine it. Unless I'm actually playing that particular game.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Some games won't run unless you have an original UMD in. On the other hand I've seen a handful of games that will only run NoUMD. There's no harm in leaving a UMD in since it should really only ever be accessed in the XMB when it loads the thumbnail/animation, background, and sound. I've never noticed it reading at any other time at least.

serg0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post a link to the guide you used? I'm thinking about getting a PSP Slim soon.
wink.gif

Edit: NVM I just found ediblebird's guide.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you need to use poploader on a phat?
If so, which files do i need to download and which folder should i put it in?

I didn't feel like making a new topic so I'm just posting it here.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The model of PSP you use -- Slim or original -- doesn't determine whether you need popsloader or not. It is a plugin that allows you to select which version of the POPS prxes to boot the game with. For most games the newest prxes that are included with the firmware are fine enough but sometimes games made for use on older POPS versions 3.00-3.11 (IIRC) won't be as friendly with the new prxes. So basically if everything is working fine then you won't need it at all but if you run into games not booting when you know the EBOOTs are good then you will want to install it.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
I just did that without knowing...
Also, will I have to create ID somethings (I really don't know what they're called) for every single Eboot I create?

You only need the EBOOT.PBP. Anything else (thumbnail, sound, etc) is optional.

I think he meant the Game ID(eg. SCES 11001) If you are using icetea or psx2psp it will usually automatically find the Game ID. But if you are using the new popstation or it doesnt have a Game ID you can find it by mounting the psx iso, browse the files on the root of the disc and you see a file with four letters and five numbers.
gameidjv1.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv