stupid question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mike a, Sep 7, 2016.

1. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    I know, that plaitarchs tutorial is online, and I have read it a few times. and I understand how at least to set up the homebrew launcher and downgrade to 9.2

my question is this: it is easy for me to make giftcards online, and I could just buy eshop and games no problem. yes I am concerned about bricking my 3ds, and I have a friend that said he'd help me hack it, but now he has a new gf, and I don't know how that is going to work lol.

so my question is this: if I downgraded to 9.2, installed the homebrew launcher and menuhack, could I then upgrade to the lastest 3ds os, and put emulators on it using the homebrew launcher?? then I could play online etc.

2. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    u downgrade to 2.1.0 when u get to 9.2, get a9lh, then u can do whatever u want

its on the guide

3. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
  4. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    I know lol but I need a pc to do all that, I can downgrade to 9.2 and put menu hack on it, but I wanted to know if after I put hbl and menuhack on there, can I still install emulators in it if I upgraded it to 11.0? or do I have to go through the whole process lol, I understand the benefits though, I have read the tutorial

5. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    why did you bother even downgrading if all you wanted was emulators

6. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Follow the guide

7. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    if it was a stupid question post it on the noob paradise, there are a lot of willing helpers.

8. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    well I didn't downgrade yet actually, I wanted to get a bigger micro sd card for more memory before I started to do anything w/ it. but what im saying is I don't know how/if ill be able to hack it, cuz I need my friends computer. lol ill read the guide again I guess

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sorry I didn't know that place existed in these forums lol